Three month sucess with finasteride/nizoral PICS

die_hard

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, I just past the three month marker on Finasteride and a bit less for Nizoral ad took some comparison shots. After looking at them I thought I could see a difference but had to post a few in my intor thread to make sure it wasn't just my imagination. It looks like I am a very fortunate user, as the idea with Finasteride is mainly to maintain what you have. Any resultys typicaly don't become evident for a year after starting in most cases, but a little over three months into it, this is where I am:

This pic is 5 weeks into treatment and my hair at its worst point. It's pretty normal to have a shed after starting finasteride and this was at the end of it.

...and now

The first pic is under the exact same conditions/settings as my comparison shot from a couple months ago. Same room, lights, camera ext. The second shot is with the camera set for indoor shots with flash and I'm wearing hair glue. Third is the same only I'm in the bathroom again with the normal light setting.

For those wondering about sides, I've had none at all. I think a lot of peoples sides are just made up in their head because they get so paranoid about it... It's actually a condition called med student syndrome. Also, some of a the few people who do have bad sides come to the internet to complain. Most who don't have any bad sides get on with their life instead. Which is why I'm ranting about this actually :mrgreen:

Any questions? Fire away!

-DH

die_hard

Established Member
Reaction score
ok, for some reason that first picture always shows up as 5 times larger than what it's supposed to but the dimentions are pretty much the same as the other two. Not sure what's going on there..

hhj1247

Established Member
Reaction score
Definitely see improvement! Don't stop. You can jump on Rogaine too, your hair might improve to another level. I'm considering adding Nizoral and Rogaine to my routine too (only taing .5 of finasteride now). How often do you take nizoral? Do you take a full 1 mg of finasteride?

Gboy2k8

Established Member
Reaction score
.. And.. we have a lift off !!

anything new at the front?

eXVee

Established Member
Reaction score
Looking good. Congrats!

BTW, could you shrink the giant pic at the start?

die_hard

Established Member
Reaction score
HJJ: I take the 1.25mg of finasteride by breaking 5mg proscar in 4..I've long thought about Min but I'm not sure it would suit my lifestyle/habbits, so I'm hoping that finasteride/nizoral will do a satisfactory job. I actually use nizoral 3 times a week, sometimes 4 alltough I might not neet to.

Gboy: Yeah, there is some definate regrowth in the front allthough it's much harder to notice with that first pic blow up so big. I'm going to try and figure out a way to get it to the same size..not sure what making it do that though..

Thanks for the reply's fellas!

-DH

Gboy2k8

Established Member
Reaction score
just wodering when was the first time you noticed the difference in the front
thanks

die_hard

Established Member
Reaction score
I had shaved my head down to a 0 grade, grew it up a bit and chaved it back to a 4 grade. It was after shaving it to the number 4 when I noticed the frontal improvement

EDIT: I've had a few pms and questions about temple/side improvement and pics, so I've added the comparison shots of the temple.

Before..

And now a couple months later

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
after pics look thicker - congrats :)

die_hard

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the kind replys guys..Does anyone know what might be making the before pics blow up so large? I've tried re-uploading and hosting them but it has not worked and I've also considred changing the dementions but they are almost the exact same...

-DH