Thought I was in the clear...need advice

Z-Man

Reaction score
I thought that the sexual sides had dissipated, however i'm left with serious ED. What should I do? Will this side effect go away with continued treatment or should I stop?

Hawaii male

Established Member
Reaction score
give it a month or so more. Dont believe your penis is broken or you will not overcome the ED.. Could be a mental thing as well

DinkusMayhem

Reaction score
The first month I used proscar 1.25 mg/day, I had issues with a less-than-solid erection. However, after staying on for 3+ months, that problem is long gone and everything is totally normal. I'd guess that it lasted maybe 3 to 5 weeks. Don't sweat it right now. Give it time.

westcovinajoe

Established Member
Reaction score
From everything I have read everywhere from anything like a reputable source, finasteride/Propecia will only cause a change or decrease in sexual desire in a small number of men while they are taking it.

Propecia leaves the body very quickly.

It cannot make your penis be less hard.

It may in some cases make you less interested in sex, notice that is not the same thing as a flopppy unit.

If you in fact have ED, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GO TO THE DOCTOR, as this is a major sign of SERIOUS problems in men. High blood pressure, prostate, and heart issues just to name a few.

Good luck.

Joseph