Those with high sides of head have advantage for hair transplant?

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
For eg. i have a rectangular face...High sides of the head...Lots of hair there..

Is is considered an advantage for harvesting hairs for hair transplant?

mon

Established Member
Reaction score
I thought you were doing really well on your treatments but lately you have been talking about hair transplant.

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
mon said:
I thought you were doing really well on your treatments but lately you have been talking about hair transplant.

asking just for future knowledge.

G

Chewbaca,

Rectangular face meaning you have a longer shaped head symmetrically speaking right? And when you say high sides on your scalp, are you a Norwood 5 or 6?

I always recommend anyone considering surgical hair restoration to first consider your most advanced class of hairloss based on family history. Also ask your hair transplant surgeon to physically examine the edges of the lateral humps on your high rim to see how far any miniturization has impeded into that area. This will give you a better idea how far DHT is working the recession into what is normally known as a safe zone or permanent zone. I am referring to the rim area all around your head ear-to-ear where sometimes even FUE extractions are harvested.

Then have your surgeon measure your total area of demarkation (existing and future potential areas of loss) in centimeters. It's very helpful to know your restoration needs today as well as what you may want done in the future. Your competent surgeon will also evaluate the density of donor areas, how many FUs that probably can be safely harvested in your lifetime. Consideration of one's hair characteristics is critical as well. Your doctor should then be able to provide you a more accurate picture of your total surgical hair restoration potential.

It really comes down to this. Will my finite donor supply be able to meet my "realistic" surgical hair restoration goals in my lifetime? Something to think about. :hairy:

G

I concur with Mahair, too early for sugery and I certainly wish you the best with your medicinal regimen. 8)