Those Small Hairs Near Your Hairline

HNMB

Established Member
Reaction score
Are those a sign of regrowth, or hair that's on its way out? You see it a lot on here where someone has all these hairs that are the same thickness as the others, just shorter and all around the outline of the hairline. What are these exactly?

norwood-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are those a sign of regrowth, or hair that's on its way out? You see it a lot on here where someone has all these hairs that are the same thickness as the others, just shorter and all around the outline of the hairline. What are these exactly?
Just appeared = regrowth
Been there for a while = miniaturization

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

The baby hairs that frame my face if that is what you are taking about on me they thickened up and get darker/denser when i started to respond to minoxidil.

HNMB

Established Member
Reaction score
The baby hairs that frame my face if that is what you are taking about on me they thickened up and get darker/denser when i started to respond to minoxidil.
It's not necessarily baby hairs, just hair that's exactly the same as other just not as long. For example my hair is around 7 inches long, but the hairs I'm talking about are maybe 3-4 inches. Same thickness for the most part too.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not necessarily baby hairs, just hair that's exactly the same as other just not as long. For example my hair is around 7 inches long, but the hairs I'm talking about are maybe 3-4 inches. Same thickness for the most part too.

well we always have hair growing, Even people w/o hair loss.

so not sure if that is what you mean

Its basically working if you notice more density.

HNMB

Established Member
Reaction score
well we always have hair growing, Even people w/o hair loss.

so not sure if that is what you mean

Its basically working if you notice more density.

This is what I mean, here's a picture. See those shorter hairs in the front? along the outline of the hairline? Can't tell if that's hair on its way in or out.
pR6ID7F.jpg

The Baldy Man

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I got those too. I am in a weird pattern of balding, I am a NW3 diffuse thinner with miniaturized hairs in my NW2 area and small invisible vellus hairs in my NW1 area. Basically I have no hairline, my crown just gradually fades into my forehead. So I can look very different depending on how I style my hair. Somedays I look NW4 and other days I look NW2.

abcdefg

Reaction score
I dont know. I think most of the time its pretty much common sense whether your going bald or not. Do you obviously have less hair then before? If yes your going bald. You might not have ever had longer hairs there, and without knowing it might not be anything.