This site is confusing!! Please help..

andycap

Reaction score
Hi guys, this forum have been a great help to me in recearching male pattern baldness and what treatments are available. I recently purchased some Finesteride from this site which I have been taking now for a week. It is the 1 mg stuff.

I have some thining to the crown / vertex and am looking for a) maintenance b) any regrowth would be a definate bonus!

I have now accepted that I am going bald, which came as a shock... I didnt think I would have male pattern baldness at 23, and seem to have no obvious relatives which suffered from this. I would be fairly happy to stay on this treatment for a few years and see how it goes.. if i start going bald in my 30's then so be it, not 23 tho please!!

I am feeling a mixed range of emotions about taking finasteride, scared, hopefull, sceptical are just some of them! I hope I respond well to the treatment and have little to no sides, and my current hair is maintained! But i wont risk any serious side effects from this drug... it's really not worth it (in my oppinion).

As I said above this site has been a great source of information.. but it can be confusing to decipher fact from fiction. I appreciate everyone responds differently to treatments. I have tried the search facility but always end up getting more confused!

I read about chopping tablets into halfs is nearly as effective as a full pill, does this apply to the pills i have: 1mg Finesteride (Finpecia)? Or must these be consumed as a whole

Does the drug have any significant effect on facial hair? My worry is that I could possibly have the same small amount of facial hair on my face that I have now, years down the line, because of this treatment!

What the hell is brain fog? and how do i know when i have got it?

Is there any studys that show that achohol has negetive effects to people taking finasteride? I am not talking excesive drinking, but more your average weekend booze ups?

What are the main signs of early receading to look out for?

Any help appreciated!![/u]

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I read about chopping tablets into halfs is nearly as effective as a full pill, does this apply to the pills i have: 1mg Finesteride (Finpecia)? Or must these be consumed as a whole

Just think in terms of dosage:

1mg of finasteride is the usual amount
0.5mg is allegedly about 80% as effective as 1mg.
1.25mg is allegedly not much more effective than 1mg.

So for yours, yeah, you could split them in half if you wanted. But I would only do this if you ever get side effects. Some people have reported that side effects dissapated when reducing to 0.5mg.

Some people buy "Proscar" and split the tablets into quarters or fifths to save money. Proscar is 5mg of finasteride, so this can work out cheaper.

Does the drug have any significant effect on facial hair? My worry is that I could possibly have the same small amount of facial hair on my face that I have now, years down the line, because of this treatment!

I haven't seen any reports or studies of this. It hasn't effected mine really. Possibly slowed it down some, but i'm probably imagining things.

What the hell is brain fog? and how do i know when i have got it?
I dunno, I've never had this. I've heard of it though. I think it's when you can't concentrate or think straight or something.

Is there any studys that show that achohol has negetive effects to people taking finasteride? I am not talking excesive drinking, but more your average weekend booze ups?

Alcohol is safe to consume with finasteride. I've had all sorts while on finasteride, and my legs didn't fall off or anything.

What are the main signs of early receading to look out for?

Miniaturisation of the hair around the temples. The hair becomes lighter and thinner. Also check the vertex for the same thing. If you're not sure, examine your hair when wet, as this will help show any recession.

andycap

Reaction score
Well I guess that has answered all my questions. Thanks flim you are one of the people here whos posts I always read and take note of, good luck with your treatments I hope it all works out good for you!