This Image Shows How Camera Lenses Beautify Or Uglify Your Pretty Face

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
http://gizmodo.com/5857279/this-is-how-lenses-beautify-or-uglify-your-pretty-face

18kxy5bbtul32jpg.jpg

What a friend posted:

Here's a visual explanation of visual distortion of portraits, as you vary the focal length (zoom) of your lens. Note that in the wide shots, the nose seems big, while the zoom shots flatten the nose while making the face wider.

I had no idea personally. But it's clearly a large difference in apparent facial aesthetics.

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me but I don't see a great deal of difference; I just see a fairly good looking woman in all the pictures. I think lighting can make a big difference though.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
The 50 mm lens is about closest to how she would "actually" look like when observed with the human eye.

You can't tell how the 19 mm lens makes her all weird looking? This is why I don't like taking selfies (not even when I was a NW1). Freaking 25mm lens in that phone, man.

I wish I could take selfies with the mirror.

Side note: that woman's hair line looks a little bit strange. Almost a bit receded.

resu

Reaction score
I once took a close up photo of my face with my camera and it looked like the bottom right there, never again.

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This right here is why some people cope better with hair loss, being ugly, or in your case, being short.

Lack of perception, of self-awareness, of knowledge about what looks harmonious and what does not.

I wish I was like you, but unfortunately, I notice everything. Everything.

A small zit on my forehead? You can be sure it's going to ruin my day.

A few more kilos? Now I clearly see that my face looks fatter, I feel like sh*t.

A slick NW5? Here's 5000€ Doctor, fix that sh*t up!

Some people don't care about aesthetics because they're just ignorant about it.

I only need to take one trip around my city to notice it.

95% of the persons I see, I always think:

"That guy would look better if he lost some weight."

"That girl would look better if she didn't dress like sh*t."

Etc.

Ignorance is bliss.

"Look, he's bald and he doesn't care!"

"Yeah, I can see that."

I'm not being nasty here but have you ever been tested for BDD? That's some obsessive behaviour. Don't assume you know how I think or feel though............