This happened to me.

G

Let´s see where to start.

Six months ago I had .. hugh jackman hair? no I had Tina Turner hair. I´ve always had it - always!

I´m 29.

For above mentioned reasons I only washed my hair every 10 or so days because washed it was just not possible to handle so when I did lose hair in the shower I was only - ok if you are supposed to lose 50 - 100 hairs a day this is cumulative.

In six months time I can say that I´ve lost 1/3 if not more in some regions. The hair that falls off is thick and black but getting thinner the last inche or so.

What changed in my life?

1) Stress! two years ago I started studying medicine and it´s stressful to me I´ve always been smart but never read and my fellow students are all smart but have always read.

2) Until six months ago I trained cardio like an idiot - you could say I punished myself. Before breakfast I used to run for an hour and then go for 20 minutes on the rowingmachine. I didn´t eat alot - I´ve never been big in terms of bodyfat.

Today I´m still thin but I´ve changed my training completely - never train before breakfast etc and I eat much better.

So what the heck is going on?

Two weeksago I started on proscar and I started doing minoxidil in the frontal region. I also started washing my hair every three days with nizoral. I want to buy spironolactone but can´t get it in sweden.

Since I´ve always had thick hair and I only started losing it by 29 and did take measures pretty fast? or so I think is it over for me? How reversible is the processes once the DHT starts eating your follics? What are my chances?

Because this happened so fast I feel like I´m dying - I´ve never thought about ageing, I´ve never been jelause of a girl, I´ve never considered dating anyone that wasn´t a drop dead gorgeous - bascilly you could say that I´m a pretty sad human being - beside the fact that I´ve always stood up for people that where picked on and I´ve never used the word nerd to degrade someone.

Axon

Reaction score
Post some pictures and let us see. I bet it's not as bad as you think.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Nesta,

Where on your scalp are the thin areas you mention? And, does hair loss run in your family?

One cannot say with confidence that any hair loss will be reversible, but, if you are suffering from male pattern baldness and you are taking finasteride and minoxidil as you say you are, then scientific statistics say that odds are these drugs will help you.