ThinninQuick's story

ThinninQuick

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I've reading posts here on and off for about a year now, so I finally decided to post something.

I've always had a thick helmet of hair. It was like a mop through high school and into college. I'm 21 by the way. During my sophomore year in college, I started noticing a very slight recession in my straight Eddie Munster hairline. But after a trim I couldn't even see it anymore. But during my junior year it really started. In the winter I started to notice a lot of fallout, and my hair was oily as hell. I was stressed to say the least. My Dad is 50 and has just begun to lose his hair, but his brother has been bald for a long time. What's even scarier is that my cousin is almost completely bald at age 27. And both uncles on my mother's side are bald. My hair has definitely thinned a good bit, and my hairline has continued to move back, slowly however. I'm probably still a NW1, but I can see the hairs behind my hairline thinning, especially at the sides. Also, I'm starting to notice slight thinning at the vertex. I don't really think it's noticeable to others, but I know what's coming. I can feel it in my scalp, and you all know what I'm talking about.

Anyway, my Mom said I should try Propecia if it bothered me that much. So I started poppin' that b**ch everyday, and it seemed like there was less fallout after a couple months. Somewhere near month 3 I noticed both of my nipples were puffed out. That was the end of that. I went to the doctor and suggested a hormone test, and he told me that my progesterone was what needed to be checked. Results were normal, but my nips sure aren't. Their not really that bad, but they aren't like they were. The doctor said he felt no gyno, but they are puffed out, and I've been of finasteride for nearly 3 months. Thankfully there is nothing glandular. I considered getting back on finasteride and complimenting it with an aromatase inhibitor until I finally had to smack myself. I just think it's too dangerous as I already take daily medication to treat epilepsy. Plus my feeling now is that DHT, not just T, is a big part of what makes a man a f*cking man---in more ways than just baldness.

I want to try Minoxidil. I feel like my scalp is pretty sensitive to itch, so I'm looking at Dr. Lee's since it has less PPG. And I don't want to look like a greasball for my senior year in college. I purchased Fluridil impulsively. I haven't gotten it yet, but spironolactone would definitely suit me better financially. I have been using Nizoral 1% every third day for the past couple months, but that's been my only form of treatment since I quit finasteride. I use T/Gel on other days.

Sorry if I droned on a little. I'm interested in feedback from the willing. Right now I'm leaning to a minoxidil/spironolactone/nizoral combo... maybe copper peptides later if I think they'll help. I realize topicals are a big commitment, but a big commitment means little to me if I can keep my hair without growing a rack!

Peace