thinning guy's Story

thinning_guy

Reaction score
HI!

If anyone could offer their opinions about my situation it would be great! I'm a 23 year old guy who's hair started thinning about two years ago and I'm right at the breaking point where it's starting to get noticeable. It's not really receding at the temples (no more than anyone else's) but is generally thinning out throughout, from the crown to the front, especially in the middle part of my head.

Anyways, I've been using propecia for about ten months now and really havn't seen any results, be it keeping what I have or any re-growth (I still have a bunch of hairs in my hand when I run it through my hair). I guess what I want to know is what else tends to work good with propecia...oh yeah and anyone ever hear of "Finpecia"? It appears to be a generic version of propecia from India you can order that is much cheaper than the real thing...the web site appears to be respectable. Anyone know of this product, good or bad.

Well thanks, any help would be great. ANDY

kiwi1973

Established Member
Reaction score
you could try minoxidil
my little brother has regrown most of his hair in the last 3 months,I have been on it 11 months and havent seen any regrowth but my hair has not got much worse, so you could be one of the lucky one that it works for

G

You have to go the topical route.

Get spironolactone and tricomin and rotate them with minoxidil - well minoxidil shouldn´t be rotated.

This is what you should do.

minoxidil 5% x 1 in the evening
minoxidil 2% x 1 in the morning

Tricomin x 1 either morning or evening.
spironolactone 5% every other day

nizoral 2% shampoo every 3rd day.

Supplements like L-arginine and MSN are used by some. I use L-arginine but I´ve only been on them for a short while and since I´m on the big 2½ I can´t say what´s doing it for me.

Still the above stated treatement is about as maxed out as they get and if you continue loosing hair after 6 months of this call it a day and shave it all off! and wait for genetherapy - I will!

thinning_guy

Reaction score
thanks for th tips fellas...

Right quick though, do these products (propecia and/or monox) tend to help in the front of the head too? I don't mean the hairline but the middle part of the head? I notice they usually state that it's most useful for thinning on the crown. k and again right quick, this shampoo that you say I should be using, I just read about it here for the first time. What's it's story. Proven results? Where do you find it at, online or locally?

ANDY

johnnycash

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm thinning at the front too though not at the hairline. minoxidil should work as well there as the crown, I think the toughest thing is getting the hariline back. From what I've read I believe the big three is the way to go, finasteride. minoxidil and nizorel. Nizorel is used to keep the scalp in good shape which will help the minoxidil do its trick. Good luck. I'm starting the big three once the finasteride and minoxidil arrive.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
thinning guy did you read the first post in the "Tell your story" section of the forums, where you created this thread? It says "PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING"

Let me know if you saw it.

HairLossTalk.com

thinning_guy

Reaction score
Hi HairLossTalk.com

Hey,

I just read the "Please read before posting" a second ago. Did I do something wrong?

Thanks, ANDY