Thinking of going back on finasteride

Wax Headroom

Reaction score
Hello,
I was taking finasteride cut into 6th a while back and quit because of nasty sexual side effects. Things went back to normal soon after I quit, thank god. It seems that some here weren't so lucky.
Here is my question:
Does anyone know if a lower dosage is likely to have less of an adverse effect? Say I cut the pill into 8ths or 12ths?
I have heard that finasteride is still just as effective at fighting hair loss at very low doses, but what about its effect on sex drive?
I'm thinking of combining it with Dr Lee's Xandrox
Thanks

VoRteX

Established Member
Reaction score
use topical spironolactone and .2 - .5mg finasteride a day

generic minoxidil will work for growth stimulation. Costco is the cheapest.

Wax Headroom

Reaction score
That didn't entirely answer my question, but thanks
I know there are no certain things, but in anyone's experience, does using a lower dosage of finasteride reduce adverse side effects?
and will this still be useful in slowing/stopping hair loss?

G

Wax Headroom said:
That didn't entirely answer my question, but thanks
I know there are no certain things, but in anyone's experience, does using a lower dosage of finasteride reduce adverse side effects?
and will this still be useful in slowing/stopping hair loss?

We have data on the effectivenss of lower dosages of finasteride, right down to .2MG. See research section of this website for details.

We don't have side effect data to my knowledge, so much of the experimenting is being done right here on this board.

:lol:

Axon

Reaction score
Bryan feels side effects are equivalent to the amount of DHT inhibited. I'm inclined to agree.

So if that theory is correct, if .5mg inhibits 65% of DHT where as 1mg inhibits 69%, you should have similar amounts of side effects.

I'd be very interested in seeing a double-blind study on this.

lovely711

Reaction score
Axon said:
Bryan feels side effects are equivalent to the amount of DHT inhibited. I'm inclined to agree.

So if that theory is correct, if .5mg inhibits 65% of DHT where as 1mg inhibits 69%, you should have similar amounts of side effects.

I'd be very interested in seeing a double-blind study on this.

That was my thoughts too.. But lot of people whom I have equired, their side effects went away after taking half the dose :roll:

Axon

Reaction score
Could be mental. Only a double blind study would prove or disprove it.

Personally, I've never seen any change on a lower doseage. But hey, whatever works for people.