Think I Am Balding At 22. Need Hair Advice.

Notquitesure

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am not sure this is the right place, please let me know if there is a more suitable section.

Background:
Last year I noticed the hairs on my temples/crown have been thinning. It is not noticeable yet and whenever I bring it up to friends, they tell me I have got nothing to worry about.
Although it shouldn't be, my appearance is very important to me. It is at the top of my priority list. At 17 I got a two year modelling contract and since then my appearance has been the source of my confidence. My current hair situation has me feeling down and keeps my mind busy all the time to the point where it interferes with my daily life.

Regimen:
For the past year I have been using a chemical-free shampoo once a week and a chemical-free conditioner 3-4 times a week for my curly hair.
I have tried 1mg oral finasteride for two months but unfortunately it came with sexual side effects (possibly a placebo effect). Since quitting finasteride the side effects have disappeared but I am not sure if I should give it another try just yet.
I had a partial blood test taken last month, showing low Vitamin D (12ng/ml, normal 50-80ng/ml) and low serum ferritin (23ug/ml, normal 30-400ug/ml).
I stopped consuming dairy and started taking Vitamin D, Iron and Biotin supplements two weeks ago.

I want to avoid oral finasteride/minoxidil for now due to side effects. I am thinking of microneedling with peppermint/rosemary oil. What other treatments should I have a look at? Topical finasteride? RU? CB? Trinov? S5 cream?

Last edited:

Hussam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can not gonna win this BATTLE without finasteride or dutasteride or any antiandrogen
What is ur family history of baldness?
But I think u should take this supplement and if it works for you before considering taking finasteride again