Thick Pigeon's Story

Thick Pigeon

Reaction score
Well currently I am balding in the center top of the scalp and front vertex of the scalp. I'm 25.

HISTORY:
I once used 5% Rogaine about 4 years ago for a spot in my front vertex.
I used rogaine for apporoximately one year. Then stopped because I couldn't afford it, and it was such a hassle. I also read from the instructions that you would lose the hair you gained (Naive). Well I lost a lot of hair on the top of my head, and I hoped within a year the hair would grow back. (Kind of Naive) My hair ended up worse before I used rogaine.

I've been wearing hats eversince, and I just recently started a herbal scalp liquid, but I think its probably a snake oil.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

HELP:
I really need help on this matter?@?? I don't want to use rogaine since it left my hair worse than it was ( I would like to try an herbal solution maybe hair genesis). If Rogaine is the only way to to get my hair back I'm willing to go back in the cycle.

I figure someone in this forum will be able to maybe give me some light on this subject. I've been spending alot of nights staying up and researching all these different ways, but no sure fire way without rogaine.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^[/u]

Andrew

Established Member
Reaction score
regaine

thickpigeon,

I am so sorry to hear of your hairloss....

However my advise to you is to stick with minoxidil... Go back to it....

and add Propecia or an anti androgen topical like spironolactone or Ell Cranell...

The problem you have with minoxidil is because you are inconsistent with it's usage...

stick to it twice daily!!!

TortoiseAndHair

Established Member
Reaction score
First of all, read this, if you haven't yet:
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/research/men/index.htm
Really good information.

Rogaine and Propecia are the only FDA approved drugs for hair loss.
Others have had some success with other products, but personally, I'd be wary.

You mentioned not being able to afford the Rogaine, so you might try a generic brand that has the active ingredient Minoxidil in it.

For propecia, you can take proscar pills (which has the same active ingredient finasteride), and cut them up into fourths or fifths. This is a more economical solution that buying propecia. You'll need a prescription from your doctor for either Propecia or Proscar, although you may be able to find places on the net that will write a prescription for you.

You should also use a dandruff-control shampoo for the irritation that Minoxidil/finasteride may cause your scalp.
The one that's most recommended here is Nizoral, which you can get at any drug store without a prescription.

I'm just starting this stuff too, but all the stuff I wrote above I learned from reading this site.

Good luck, and don't give up!

Thick Pigeon

Reaction score
Thick Pigeons Regime?

Well first of all thanks for replying TortoiseAndHair and Andrew. Your input means alot.

Well The picture I selected is not exactly what my hair looks like, but all of that bald area is diffused into scarcely spread out thick hairs. Mostly diffused at the front. The front crown is the most noticeable. Thats the part that I used Rogaine on four years ago (for a year) and its pretty much bald there now, with a few thick hairs.

Well I guess I should have said some things in the intro. The stuff I'm using now is basically herbal extracts with Saw Palmetto that you put on topically. Its been about 7 months, the hair is slightly thicker, but not a significant sign of regrowth.

Anyway taken with the skepticism about herbal products, I've decided to delve into the Big Four.
Namely,
Rogaine 5%
Finasteride
Tricomin
and Nozoral

Do you think that all this stuff might be too much at first or should I just start out with the finasteride?
I heard Rogaine is primarily for the back of you scalp at the vertex. My balding is pretty much in the middle to the front crown of my head.

I'm also thinking about going to a dermatologist first, before doing all this. I just don't have insurance though. (Ouch)

Petchsky

Reaction score
Hey Thick pigeon,

Not sure if your still around but how about an update on your progress with the 'big four' ? I am interested as this is a simmilar regime as mine which i have had success with over the last 15 months.