They actually gasped when I removed my hat

Mercury

Banned
Reaction score
So I've been on my new job for about 3 months now. I work in a factory which allows me to wear a hat. I haven't been purposefully wearing a hat to hide my baldness but it was convenient nonetheless. One day last week I showed up and you could tell I had a bit of a haircut because the hair on the sides of my head (where you could see under the hat) was shorter. So a group of people that I work with were asking me to show off my new cut and they were all egging me on to take off my hat. It dawned at me that point that probably none of them knew that I was severely balding underneath.

So I removed my ball cap for the first time in 3 months and literally shocked a whole group of my coworkers. I heard them gasp and some kind of went "ohhhhh...".

It didn't hurt my feelings and I was happy to show off my NW5, I just thought it was funny that they could be so surprised by such a thing as a balding man. I guess they had no idea, they probably assumed I had a full head of hair under my hat.

After a moment of silence one of my coworkers finally asked, "How old are you?". :roll:

B

Beingbaldsucksass

Defenetly wearing a hat when your bald is a bad idea

Zeroman

Banned
Reaction score
why? i don't get it?

how old were they?

theyve never seen hair loss before?

are you diffusing or receding?

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
After a moment of silence one of my coworkers finally asked, "How old are you?". :roll:

You should have replied with
"How big is your d***?"

slipy

Reaction score

with a grin on his face?

and i definitely agree it's not a good idea to hide your Norwood. the sooner you reveal it the better. they'll be forced to get used to it and accept it hence sparing the shocked reactions you get after hiding it for so long.

agent00

Established Member
Reaction score
I always like to show up to work (when I started a job where I could wear a hat all day) without a hat first time so they know what I have hair wise.

This gives me the confidence to wear hats whenever I want.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Either way it's a catch 22. There is no winning, ever.

Mercury

Banned
Reaction score
Either way it's a catch 22. There is no winning, ever.

Haha. Exactly.

I did feel slightly triumphant when I silenced them all at once with their own vanity. They did NOT see it coming. I totally shook their image of me until that point. That was a good feeling.