There's this cute girl but ...

S&L

Reaction score
Thanks for your different opinions , it's interesting to read .
I haven't seen her for some time now but I haven't got passed the point where I can focus on something else than my hair loss anyway .

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
dudemon said:
BornIn89 said:
To be honest I think you have serious issues and very warped views about life.

Firstly, I live near "LA" and where you live, the women are a lot different, as well as people in general. Two completely different sets of values for the most part.

Secondly, IMHO, this whole thing can summerized with 4 major groups, like this:

Note: to simplify things, I am lumping all "average or better" looking guys into the "good looking" category, and all "below average" looking guys into the "not good looking" category.

1) Good looking guys w/ NW0/1.5 - 2 = don't really need confidence, women are attracted to them regardless. These guys can be completely spineless cowards and they will still pull MAJOR tang. Confidence here just adds to women's perceived "total package" of guys in this group. Here, confidence will get even MORE women.

If it helps, despite being a NW1-2, I was not even my GF type physically.

She normally goes for pretty boy metrosexuals, I am the opposite, more mascline looking for her. And actually at the start when we were first seeing each other she could never imagine sleeping with me.

I got her by charm, confidence, intelligence, the ability to lead her around like a man. For example the way we became "official" so to speak, all I basically said to her:

"Right we are dating"

And that was that. She found that sexy, she told me that she never had the nerve to reject me at that point because of the masculinity I was displaying. She also later told me that part of the reason why I got her was because mentally I am able to connect with her unlike any other guy she has met.

We also first had sex, when my hair was a complete and utter mess to the point on the day she was like "Your hair looks weird", and by looking at the photos it did look weird, it didn't matter, she still held my hand around town and let me get jiggy with her; an assymetrical hairline, plus bad haircut made it looked terrible.

I might be wrong, but the sooner you guys realise it is not all about your looks, but how you guys can make the girl feel, the sooner your success rate with women will improve. Yes you get the really shallow girls, but you get one's that will overlook things if they can properly connect with you mentally, and you are a man about things.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Oknow said:

She normally goes for pretty boy metrosexuals, I am the opposite, more mascline looking for her.

I might be wrong, but the sooner you guys realise it is not all about your looks, but how you guys can make the girl feel, the sooner your success rate with women will improve.

NW1-2
Masculine.

Trying being NW6 and not looking like an alpha male.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
CaptainForehead said:
Oknow said:

She normally goes for pretty boy metrosexuals, I am the opposite, more mascline looking for her.

I might be wrong, but the sooner you guys realise it is not all about your looks, but how you guys can make the girl feel, the sooner your success rate with women will improve.

NW1-2
Masculine.

Trying being NW6 and not looking like an alpha male.

But the point is.

I wasn't even her type.

That means it wasn't the way I look that attracted her.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Oknow said:

True, but you did not repel her either. It might have been a different story had you been NW6 and not so masculine.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
CaptainForehead said:
Oknow said:

True, but you did not repel her either. It might have been a different story had you been NW6 and not so masculine.

Sure.

But think about it this way:

What have you got to lose by trying? Nothing, at worse you will be in the same position as you are now....single.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Oknow said:
Sure.

What have you got to lose by trying? Nothing, at worse you will be in the same position as you are now....single.

I never said dont try. I just just a bit frustrated by people telling NW6-7 folks that baldness doesnt really change the game.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
CaptainForehead said:
Oknow said:
Sure.

I never said dont try. I just just a bit frustrated by people telling NW6-7 folks that baldness doesnt really change the game.

Sure it makes things HARDER. In the same way it will be harder if you are poor, overweight, generally ugly (with/without hair etc etc.

But it's all mental, the game.

Gotta understand, girls want guys who can LEAD. Guys who can connect with her emotionally. Guys who know how and when to take control of the situation. Who are secure with who they are as a person, and trusts his decision making skills. That's confidence. That is how I got my GF. I had to work hard to get her, I didn't just go in a party and say "hey baby, what's your number?" - more to the point, she never even gave me her number when I did this! Was a pain in the arse to get that.

Before her, I was single, and guess what I was doing; spending a year on here fretting over how my hairloss may or may not progress to the point people were telling me I should see a shrink for having BDD. (it's been pretty stable around the NW1-2 region, thank god). And because I had self esteem issues, it naturally reflected with my interactions with women, I didn't feel good enough for her physically blah blah blah.

In the end, I stopped letting it consume me so much, and just thought to myself "if she can't accept me for who I am as a whole, then she aint worth it anyway. Don't care how hot she is."

s.a.f

Reaction score
Oknow said:
CaptainForehead said:
Oknow said:
Sure.

Sure it makes things HARDER. In the same way it will be harder if you are poor, overweight, generally ugly (with/without hair etc etc.

But it's all mental, the game.

Gotta understand, girls want guys who can LEAD. Guys who can connect with her emotionally. Guys who know how and when to take control of the situation. Who are secure with who they are as a person, and trusts his decision making skills. That's confidence. That is how I got my GF. I had to work hard to get her, I didn't just go in a party and say "hey baby, what's your number?" - more to the point, she never even gave me her number when I did this! Was a pain in the arse to get that.

Before her, I was single, and guess what I was doing; spending a year on here fretting over how my hairloss may or may not progress to the point people were telling me I should see a shrink for having BDD. (it's been pretty stable around the NW1-2 region, thank god). And because I had self esteem issues, it naturally reflected with my interactions with women, I didn't feel good enough for her physically blah blah blah.

In the end, I stopped letting it consume me so much, and just thought to myself "if she can't accept me for who I am as a whole, then she aint worth it anyway. Don't care how hot she is."

Lol its good to know that there are still some women out there who are prepared to overlook the horrific affliction that is a NW1-2 :roll:

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Lol its good to know that there are still some women out there who are prepared to overlook the horrific affliction that is a NW1-2 :roll:

Point is, I tried.
Do you guys even go out there and try? Or just moan about your lack of success on here due to hairloss.

That's not to say being a NW6 is pleasant; it isn't.

BornIn89

Established Member
Reaction score
Oknow said:
s.a.f said:

Point is, I tried.
Do you guys even go out there and try? Or just moan about your lack of success on here due to hairloss.

Are you f*****g retarded? what you are doing is akin to going on a cancer forum and telling them to cheer the f*** up because you don't have cancer and you're happy. Just piss off and go to a BDD forum you annoying twat.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Oknow said:
s.a.f said:

Point is, I tried.

Nw2 is'nt even real hairloss on a grown man. Its the most common adult hairline there is. No woman would even notice it. So your belief that you 'truimphed' over hairloss makes no sense because in her opinion there was no hairloss there to begin with. I see NW2's on shampoo and hairgel adverts! I wish I was NW2 I was born one and the last time I still had one was back when I was about 16.

Until you disclosed your Norwood you actual had a pretty valid post. Yes women are attracted to self confidence but all things equal, given the choice of a self confident NW1-2 and a self confident NW6 they'd probably always select the NW1-2.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Oknow said:
[quote="s.a.f":35swrk1z]

Point is, I tried.

Nw2 is'nt even real hairloss on a grown man. Its the most common adult hairline there is. No woman would even notice it. So your belief that you 'truimphed' over hairloss makes no sense because in her opinion there was no hairloss there to begin with. I see NW2's on shampoo and hairgel adverts! I wish I was NW2 I was born one and the last time I still had one was back when I was about 16.

Until you disclosed your Norwood you actual had a pretty valid post. Yes women are attracted to self confidence but all things equal, given the choice of a self confident NW1-2 and a self confident NW6 they'd probably always select the NW1-2.[/quote:35swrk1z]

I never said I triumped over hairloss.

All I am trying to point out, attraction is a lot more complicated then how you look. That's it.

And I know this is the case, because I have seen some high NWs with quite hot girls. And no - it's not because it suits them.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
BornIn89 said:
Oknow said:
s.a.f said:

Point is, I tried.

Are you f****ing retarded? what you are doing is akin to going on a cancer forum and telling them to cheer the f*ck up because you don't have cancer and you're happy. Just piss off and go to a BDD forum you annoying twat.

I have male pattern baldness, just not very aggressive.

BornIn89

Established Member
Reaction score
Oknow said:
I have male pattern baldness, just not very aggressive.
No. You do not have male pattern baldness. Feel free to post pictures of your hair again, although I wouldn't recommend it if you want anyone in this thread to take you even remotely seriously.