The process of hair loss deeply repulses me

Gone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In addition to the aesthetic effects of hair loss, which are the worst, there are other issues associated with the process of balding that I often find intolerable.

I hate filthying my shower with my shedding hair. I share the shower with a sibling who, while not balding, also sheds a lot of thin hair (the rest of my siblings have thin hair too.) It disgusts me so much that I've learned to hate showering even more than I did before. Now I don't shower every day because I just hate how gross it is being in a slimy shower with hair everywhere. I know it makes me cleaner, but I don't feel clean doing it.

There's also the issue of dandruff, which has only started recently for me. My shedding used to just be hair, but now it seems like there's always a pound of dandruff on my head that regrows every few days, and has to be scratched off again. However I recognize that the worsened dandruff might be partly due to my showering less (which I just posted about in the General section), and might not be related to my hair loss.

I've often speculated that people with hair loss produce more dust. Dust is said to be mostly dead human cells, so this seems like a reasonable theory. Again, here's another area where balding makes my surroundings unbearably gross to me.

A closely related issue is all the time it takes to address these things. It takes me hours out of my week to scrape off my dandruff and dead hair. It takes time to clean up my hair-filled shower. And it takes time to dust. Balding steals time from you in so many different ways. This is not even to mention time spent on forums, commiserating, anxiously looking for new treatments, etc.

KevinEdEddEddy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know your pain bro. Truth be told, there is a thing like balding with grace, but it applies to someone that balds gradually and slowly. If you can't maintain your hair, imo the best option is to shave it. I know it sounds like a meme but truth be told, balding looks a lot better if you are buzzed or shaved, you look cleaner

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I cabty eelw
I know your pain bro. Truth be told, there is a thing like balding with grace, but it applies to someone that balds gradually and slowly. If you can't maintain your hair, imo the best option is to shave it. I know it sounds like a meme but truth be told, balding looks a lot better if you are buzzed or shaved, you look cleaner
Tbh balding slowly is way worse than going bald quickly, its f*****g torture, When going bald slowly you think about your thinning hair for years and use treatments for years basically its mental torture for years. But if you go bald quickly you have less time to be stressed/worried/depressed and you accept your fate way faster and all the worry and stress about balding is lifted off your shoulders.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I missinturpeted what you said. Ops. Forget what I said.