The possible role of the Vitamin D Receptor in hairloss

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
f*****g awesome!!! Good read! :punk:

DarkDays

Reaction score
Fun fact, most people are vitamin D deficient.

The Marshall Protocol is utter hogwash and shouldn't be taken seriously. I am all for alternative medicine but the Marshall Protocol is insane. There have been done extensive studies of the benefits of vitamin D and in majority of cases an increased dosage made a person healthier. Don't forget the study done with hairless mice and Vitamin D and how they were able to kick start hair growth in them by supplementing Vitamin D.

balder

Established Member
Reaction score
The Marshall protocol does not appear to regrow hair...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trevor_Marshall

A pic of Trevor Marshall

240px-Trevor.jpg

cantholdmedown

Established Member
Reaction score
idontwanttobebalding said:
finfighter said:
So are you saying that to much D leads to this? Or are you saying to little D does?

Sorry, Finfighter....got to caught up in finding some proofs that this line of inquiry is solid and missed your post. That's the thing....the VDR is vital.....no matter the level of D....high or low. Still researching....with feedback loops and androgen effects....it seems the receptor presence may be more important than Vitamin D itself......give me some more time. Still looking at relationships between Vitamine D, receptors, androgens, insulin, inflammation and things. :)

Let me save you some time.

Yes vit-d and vdr are very important in hair. It affects over 2000 genes, regulates hormones, immune system, inflammation, glutathione etc. You need the cofactors, k2, mangensium, vitamin a, zinc, boron for maximum effectiveness.

Be careful of marshalls research, a lot of if is completely off but beginners will take it as legitimate.

cantholdmedown

Established Member
Reaction score
I lurk a lot and saw this thread.

Saw that you quoted marshall protocol info and just felt the need to register and tell you to watch out :punk:

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Good Job guys! There is so many pro and cons about vitamin D..everywhere even in the immortal community... I still don't know if it is a real impact in male pattern baldness...

cantholdmedown

Established Member
Reaction score
squeegee said:
Good Job guys! There is so many pro and cons about vitamin D..everywhere even in the immortal community... I still don't know if it is a real impact in male pattern baldness...

There are no cons to taking vitamin d. take your d3.

Artas

Established Member
Reaction score
I am still wondering if excessive take of vitamin D may be bad for your hair?

I eat a lot of fish, eggs and also spend a lot of time in sunlight. Will taking a d3 suppliment be considered as taking excessive amounts of vitamin D, considering my diet?

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
idontwanttobebalding said:
New clinicle trial on the effects of Vitamin D on Insulin.....as far as I know they are still enrolling.

In the States.......New York!

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01354964

:wave: :wave: :finger2: :freaked:

I literally live across the street of that University.

I see it every day when I look out my window.