the more hair I have the less happy I become

whymewhynow

Reaction score
I feel happiest in the days after a haircut (i get it cut short), i know my hair doesn't "move", I can jump into the sea with no fears, I come out looking the same in water as not in water. When I go have a shower I barely look into the mirror drying myself, I know what my head looks like, there is no such thing as a bad hair day.

When my hair starts growing again then the insecurities reappear. I'm constantly looking for reflective surfaces. When i go to the mall I have to go the toilet first, to check my hair. I avoid water AT ALL COSTS. Windy, rainy days are the worst, they are NEVER good days for me.

I remember back in the days before hair loss , some days were "bad", it seemed to be the hair causing those negative feelings, they call it "bad hair days" for a reason...So if all days are "bad hair days" now there is no escape from the cave of darkness.

Hair is my enemy. What a paradox.I said before I envy bald men for this reason. They seem to "happy" and serene. I had a dream I was a bald man once (a few weeks ago), I seemed happy in it.

I tried to live a day as a "bald man". I shaved my hair as low as it could go. For many weeks people treated my differently, I was untrusted... if you know what I mean, skinhead, "evil doer" , "gang member" ,"unfriendly",..... I both envy and "fear" bald men, we all do. It would suck to be held hostage to an identity you can't choose.

There is one more reason why I fight hair loss so strongly. If a cure comes it will likely be preventative, no drug no matter how powerful at stopping the hair loss process can bring back DEAD hair follicles. An Nw7 would literally need a 100,000 hair follicle transplant,do you know how expensive that would be? especially in the early stages of hair cloning. Say it takes 10 more years to develop a cloning process, then it would take many more years for it to be widely available and cheap enough...Then you factor in the scale, the more balder you are the more monumental the restoration task. A fully bald man alive today will never get his hair back. But If I keep what hair i have now then in the future I can just get a "top up", maybe a few thousand hairs cheap enough....

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried to live a day as a "bald man". I shaved my hair as low as it could go. For many weeks people treated my differently, I was untrusted... if you know what I mean, skinhead, "evil doer" , "gang member" ,"unfriendly",..... I both envy and "fear" bald men, we all do. It would suck to be held hostage to an identity you can't choose.

I know the feeling. I NEVER got looks from decent girls when my head was shaved. I dont have the head for it for one but imagine a 5-10 210lb tattooed and peirced whacko giving you the eye in a supermarket... yeah I learned very quick.

I got treated even diff at work when I went shaved.
My ex boss (who is a lesbian and still works here) even said like last week "Im glad you grew your hair out, you look much nicer with it grown longer"

NICE!

Yes our president here is N7 but who gives a flying rats ***! What are the REAL chances of me becoming president of ANYTHING???? I couldnt become president of THIS THREAD with my god damned luck!

I cant shave, and soon will have no hair to grow.... Im royally FOOKED!

yadayada029

Established Member
Reaction score
I totally understand this. As the length of the hair increases, the lack of dense population of follicles becomes more evident. I get similar reactions. I had some girl say to me how come you don't grow your hair out like him. "him" happens to be about 19 years old, with no evidence of balding.

Society, we don't want you to cover it up because that's vanity, but we don't want you to look like you do because it's unattractive. Hell is other people.

whymewhynow

Reaction score
I totally understand this. As the length of the hair increases, the lack of dense population of follicles becomes more evident. I get similar reactions. I had some girl say to me how come you don't grow your hair out like him. "him" happens to be about 19 years old, with no evidence of balding.

Society, we don't want you to cover it up because that's vanity, but we don't want you to look like you do because it's unattractive. Hell is other people.

Maybe this is the reason, i see it now.

I have two options, I can shave my hair and build muscles, then I am a "skinhead"
or I can stay skinny and be a cancer patient
There's no win...
If I try to keep my hair, I am compensating or trying to hide who I am, people say this is insecurity

When I shaved my head I didn't want to leave the house, I felt all eyes were on me and in some situations I was right... People do look,they stare... maybe they think you are trying to make a statement by shaving your hair off... why else would a young man have no hair right? he must be a Nazi or thug. I hope like god a cure comes before I lose too much hair, i'm not made to be "special", i just want to blend in.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score

I have two options, I can shave my hair and build muscles, then I am a "skinhead"
or I can stay skinny and be a cancer patient
There's no win...
If I try to keep my hair, I am compensating or trying to hide who I am, people say this is insecurity

When I shaved my head I didn't want to leave the house, I felt all eyes were on me and in some situations I was right... People do look,they stare... maybe they think you are trying to make a statement by shaving your hair off... why else would a young man have no hair right? he must be a Nazi or thug. I hope like god a cure comes before I lose too much hair, i'm not made to be "special", i just want to blend in.

Seems like you over thinking things...

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
"No fat chicks"

And you expect women to see past your aesthetic flaws when you harbor such prejudice yourself?

- - - Updated - - -

This ^ bit here is getting straight to the crux of the bald experience, i.e.. being forced to be different, but not just different- worse because our culture puts less value on bald men.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
come on ucman

u can lose weight A LOT easier than u can grow hair

Try telling that to my last FIVE POUNDS!

- - - Updated - - -

And you expect women to see past your aesthetic flaws when you harbor such prejudice yourself?

- - - Updated - - -

This ^ bit here is getting straight to the crux of the bald experience, i.e.. being forced to be different, but not just different- worse because our culture puts less value on bald men.

It was a joke, I was trying to find a pic of the no fat chicks t shirt but couldnt so I just wrote it.

BUT I personally dont find fat girls attractive. I like some meat, honestly Niki Manaj's *** drives me wild! But there is a difference of being thick and overweight. I work out a lot, so I would honestly take a bald girl in good shape over a fat girl with hair.
This is why I never blame a girl for not finding me as good looking since Ive lost my hair, doesn't mean I cant b**ch about it.

As for the shaved head. Sucks because if you're white then shaving your head is a no no, and ugly but if you are almost any other ethnicity its cool. Im white and people looked at my like a felon. Even my GF now says she likes me better with hair after SHE made me start shving it for like TWO YEARS! How convenient it was prob my last 2 years of full good hair..... think Im gonna punch my girl when I get home!

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Judge, lest be judged. Just saying.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Yes, and I am bleeding profusely all over these miserable forums. Thanks for noticing.