The Late Great Not Washing My Hair Ever Experiment.

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Late because I'm already about 10 days into it, great, because, well, someone should give it a go. An experiment because I suspect at some point I will either die or have to wash my hair again.

Day 10 - My hair is starting to smell of skunk cannabis from the interaction of minoxidil and residual spironolactone from my last application. If this gets too much worse, I will no doubt raise suspicions. Hope I don't attract any sniffer dogs. :p

Appearance: Holds its shape a bit like if I had a small amount of wax distributed evenly over it all. Perhaps with a tendency to look a little 'flat'
Scalp: Kind of damp. No itching. Feels good.

I will do updates at intervals which seem sensible to me.
Please post on this thread if you start boycotting shampoo too. It should be interesting :hairy:

DonaldAnderson

Experienced Member
Reaction score
iamnaked said:
Day 10 - My hair is starting to smell of skunk cannabis from the interaction of minoxidil and residual spironolactone from my last application. If this gets too much worse, I will no doubt raise suspicions. Hope I don't attract any sniffer dogs. :p

Lol. Good luck with that. You are a pioneer.

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score
DonaldAnderson said:
iamnaked said:

Lol. Good luck with that. You are a pioneer.

Sadly rastas and dodgy tramps have beaten me to it... But I'd like to think I'm blazing a trail of sorts... :wink:

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
Pretty nasty.

Still waiting for someone to step up and quit saluting the soldier for 12 months.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
LOL...and have a Snickers bar!

iamnaked said:
hairwegoagain said:
Pretty nasty.

Still waiting for someone to step up and quit saluting the soldier for 12 months.

Oh do f*** off.

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Day 15-

Getting a bit annoyed with the experiment. Hair is pretty greasy by now and getting mattted. It's a bit like permanently wearing wax I suppose.
Doesn't look that great. Will wait a bit to see if it improves. Scalp still feels fine though.

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hairwegoagain said:
LOL...and have a Snickers bar!

What are you chatting about?
"Saluting the soldier?"
"Snickers bar?"

Is this Yank humour or something?

blueshard

Established Member
Reaction score
I really don't think that it is a good idea for you to not wash your hair when using topical spironolactone and minoxidil. I think that it not washing your hair would be counterproductive since your scalp won't be absorbing the topicals as well. I can't even imagine how bad your hair must smell with the spironolactone.

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cracked.
Washed my hair.

Just made it to the 3 week mark, and got tired of having greasy bunched up hair. (and yes, a residue was starting to build up).

It's not been a completely useless experiment, however. I think that there's an optimal amount people should wash their hair for. From my experience this frequency should be about once a week.

powersam

Reaction score
i've switched to once a week, got a really short haircut so it doesnt really show if my hairs clean or not. and a good scrub under cold water or a swim at the beach seems to get rid of all topical residue anyway

powersam

Reaction score
nah thats just rinsing it. if your not using some kind of detergent or surfactant then you wouldnt be removing those epidermal lipids which apparently are needed to keep skin moist and healthy