THE KEVIS TEST

george72rx

Reaction score
THE KEVIS TEST
Test Objective: To see if I could grow MORE hair
Things not tested for: Prevention of fallout of existing hair

Around Spring of last year, I received a call from a kevis representative (I called them previously inquiring about the product and they asked for my number) and they wanted me to try it for $400.00 (6 month supply). Prior to that, they were asking close to $1000.00. After perusing the website and hearing the ads, I thought I would give it a whirl as I couldn’t find any expert analysis of this product on any of the hairloss message boards on the internet. I explained to the sales rep that:

1) Im in my early 40’s
2) I have a full head of hair that looks perfectly good when dry, but when damp (not totally wet) it looks thin and you can see scalp
3) I wanted to grow more hair and not simply maintain what I have (I told him I have rogaine and propecia for that)
4) That after the 6 months I would post my results on all of the hair loss internet sites.

The sales rep made the following claims:
1) That I was the perfect candidate
2) That this worked for over 90% of the people
3) That, yes, I would after 6 months grow a lot more cosmetically noticeable new hair because the stage of my balding was such that the kevis would activate the dormant follicles that became vellus like. He also stated this would happen within the 6 month span
4) I could continue to use rogaine and propecia as I have without any negative affects on the kevis results
5) I asked about the kevis booster and he said I really wouldn’t need it and kevis alone would work just fine. It was a very hard sell.

I used everything they sent me exactly as directed. I took before and after pictures as well as pictures of my hair when dry that I would have liked to include here however the mechanism for doing that is difficult and time consuming (I wish I could just attach them). Whether or not this works as a way to prevent the existing hair from falling out, I honestly can’t say as I was also using rogaine and propecia during that time and I wasn’t testing for that.

THE RESULTS: ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! ZERO, ZILCH! I didn’t regrow any new cosmetically viable hair at all as they promised. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY ON KEVIS IF YOU WISH TO REGROW MORE HAIR. Hopefully now when someone new surfs this site and they type “kevis†in the forum search engine, they will run across this posting and refrain from purchasing that bogus “snake oilâ€.
P.S. THEY DO NOT OFFER A MONEY BACK GUARANTEE

george72rx

Reaction score
AN IMPORTANT ADDENDUM I FORGOT TO POST: The Kevis reps and website will point to all kinds of "studies" done to prove that their product grows hair. DONT BELIEVE THEM!
The following links to an article by an independent researcher that analyzed the results of the studies and it shows that whatever results kevis had are statistically insignificant and could be the result of other factors (its about midway through the article): http://www.hairlosstalk.com/download/sawaya2.pdf