The itch is back....

Primex

Established Member
Reaction score
Well for the past couple of months I've tried the Walgreens minoxidil and it was pretty itchy in the spots that I put it on my scalp but then I tried Emu Oil Shampoo that someone else on this site recommended and the itch went away slightly. I also use Nizoral and AC Revitalize spray but neither really do much for the itch. Lately the itch has been so much worse. I don't wanna stop since I seemed to have stopped shedding with both minoxidil and Propecia and I can't afford the expensive stuff on Dr. Lee's site. Does anyone have any suggestions? Would brand name minoxidil (Rogaine) not be as bad? Or is there some secret remedy that I don't know about?

Primex

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I guess Dr. Lee is the only thing for me. I'll just have to deal with the itch I guess.

g8trguy

Reaction score
Itching is the most common side effect from minoxidil, cause by the drying out of the scalp. I used Dr. Lee's products in the past with great success but at the time I was on a tight budget and had to find alternatives I think what I use now runs about 40 bucks a month and actually works as good if not better for me.