The Big 3 is ?

Cornholio

Established Member
Reaction score
#3) is Nizoral 2% shampoo, about 3 times a week...

some people say 1% is about as useful (and is over the counter in the US) but the limited studies showing some increase in hair thickness and hair count were done with 2%

Daytrader

Reaction score
Thanks that was going to be my guess but wasn't sure 100%. I'll have to try that as well.

misterium

Reaction score
I like Nizoral.

I like my regimen.

Daytrader

Reaction score
Thanks I will definitely try Nizoral. I am also sure I want to get on propecia. I still have not decided if I do Minoxidil right away however. It is puzzling me at the moment.

VwDude & Misterium did you skip Minoxidil or try it at one point? Seems like alot just do the propecia & Nizoral like you guys.

VWdude

Reaction score
we're both waiting to see how finasteride does for us and we may or may not add it down the line depending on our results.

misterium

Reaction score
^ that's right.

About a year ago, though, I did give minoxidil a try. I bought Rogaine 2% and 5% and finished both bottles... it was early on in my thinning and my scalp condition was not good at the time, so the PPG in the minoxidil caused me lots of irritation and I hated it, so I dropped it.

Now I'm at the point that VW speaks of.. waiting on the finasteride, though I've already noticed good maintenance and thickening, so I'm definately a responder.. I'd LOVE to get some regrowth in my thin crown area over the next year. I think it will happen.

If not, then I add minoxidil, but it will be Dr. Lee's reduced PPG version, because I have a problem with that PPG stuff in high percentage like regular Rogaine. I may even try the PPG free version.

Even in Folligen, the PPG sometimes causes my scalp to be extra sensitive/itchy.

Things are getting under control recently though, scalp condition is improving big time with my regimen.

VWdude

Reaction score
you see that me, and the dude above^ are tag teaming this thread up...

Take that HORSESHOE.

Daytrader

Reaction score
thanks for the feedback I appreciate it. Glad propecia is working. ? for either one of you how long did it take for propecia to get to the maintenance stage? Were you losing much in your crown while you waited for this?

misterium

Reaction score
Hard for me to say because I'm not a picture taker. :p

I just look in the mirror and say "looks good" and can tell that the Propecia is working.

My thinning I caught early. Crown/vertex mostly with some up front hairline/temples region.. not so bad really.

Diffuse is the way I'd describe my pattern as it's not like a slick bald spot or anything... so the Propecia is helping me maintain I can see that for sure, plus there is a thickening going on.

Nizoral has helped too, surely, as have the copper peptides.

VWdude

Reaction score
only after a few weeks on propecia i noticed a LARGE decrease in shedding. now i'm on month 4 and I don't shed really at all.

its great!

Daytrader

Reaction score
Damn I can't wait to try propecia. I PRAY it works for me as well. I just noticed my thin crown on my last haircut and was horrified. Now just looking into my options. If you don't mind me asking another ? What is copper peptides? I haven't read that anywhere here yet... I can do a search on it too. Oh I gotta get propecia fast hope i can get an appt w/ the Doctor quickly. Don't know why this isn't over the counter seems crazy to go to a doctor for this imo.

misterium

Reaction score
copper peptides are really good for your skin and hair.
they are available in creams, serums, lotions, sprays.

http://www.skinbiology.com

Daytrader

Reaction score
I'll check it out. Thanks to both of you for your help! I'll see you around I'm sure. Take Care. :)

misterium

Reaction score
no prob :)