The Best We Can Hope For? Clarification For Treatments

Sworthyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry if this is supposed to be in a different thread but.... I'm not really savvy in this whole hairloss business, I'm 20 and have had have had a receding hairline since 16 it's been a killer these years are supposed be the best of my life anyway......

I have a few questions that I would love the veterans of this site could maybe clear up for me

1.The hair on the side and back of my hide is a different texture to that of the top. Is that what makes the hair resistant to dht?

2. is a lot of the " future treatments" revolved around the hair on the sides of the head so that it can be used / studied on the top ?

3. Been on propecia for two month only just started to read that it destroys the hairline? I'm usnimg propecia for temporal reccesion, thoughts??

4. Why should I be more confident now in possible treatments than 5 years ago ??

If this is in the wrong forum tell me I will delete

CharAblaze

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry if this is supposed to be in a different thread but.... I'm not really savvy in this whole hairloss business, I'm 20 and have had have had a receding hairline since 16 it's been a killer these years are supposed be the best of my life anyway......

I have a few questions that I would love the veterans of this site could maybe clear up for me

1.The hair on the side and back of my hide is a different texture to that of the top. Is that what makes the hair resistant to dht?

2. is a lot of the " future treatments" revolved around the hair on the sides of the head so that it can be used / studied on the top ?

3. Been on propecia for two month only just started to read that it destroys the hairline? I'm usnimg propecia for temporal reccesion, thoughts??

4. Why should I be more confident now in possible treatments than 5 years ago ??

If this is in the wrong forum tell me I will delete

1. What you are describing is a donor zone. It is resistant to DHT unless you have DUPA/Retrograde alopecia and it thins on sides.

2. Yeah. Replicel just stops hair loss without sides + some regrowth like finasteride. It does this permanently. We do not know its full potential in terms of regrowth. If you do Replicel you will also need a transplant or Tsuji to fix everything.

Tsuji takes follicles from the back of the scalp (donor area), clones them and what you have is unlimited supply for a hair transplant. We do not know if he can manipulate the thickness of a hair yet.

There are also few upcoming treatments which may or may not work on totally bald scalp:

Brotzu claims that his lotion works everywhere on the scalp, on every type of Androgenetic Alopecia and even revives some long lost follicles (like 20 year lost) on bald areas. Are his words true, I don't know.

Follica can regrow hair on totally bald area, how much and how thick I don't know.

3. Use it if you do not have sides. Those stories are fake as f***.

4. Because some of them are in their final stages of development, because some of them are already being marketed.

Sworthyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
You seem very knowledgeable, haven't been apart of this site for long .a lot of back and forth on different threads is a ball ache if your just joining this fight.

Still don't know what to make of it all. From what I've read on different forums it would seem like by 2020 we should be there or there abouts