The Anti-Gun Governor of Illinois

Old Baldy

Reaction score
squeegee said:
Old Baldy said:
If you want to live like a sheep squeegee that's your right. I choose not to and you don't have the right to take away my most fundamental right (i.e., the right to guard against tyranny and lawlessness).

"Just f***ing move" - oh well, you're just a 30 year old sheepie kid.

You just proved the World that Americans are insecure, live in fear and need a gun to justify their safety. BTW, the sheepie kid is in the Military and never owned a personal weapon outside work.

I admire your military service. Good going!!

Like I said above, we just plain have a fundamental disagreement. Let's just agree to disagree.

JayBear

Established Member
Reaction score
Old Baldy said:
If you don't believe in police states then let ordinary law abiding citizens own firearms.

I understand what you are saying but we just plain have a fundamental disagreement. Let's just agree to disagree.

Yeah, but see these are not mutually exclusive options. At all. But I was never intending on arguing the merits of arming the populace. If you want to agree to disagree about gun control, fine. But the implicit accusation in the first post of this thread is that gun control proponents are corrupt, or something along those lines. That is what bothered me and that is what I find fault with. There have been plenty of corrupt politicians who have your same view on gun laws. Hell, the NRA is responsible for corrupting a lot of them.

HughJass

Reaction score
Old Baldy said:
Combined attempted murder and actual murder increased since you enacted firearms prohibitions.

Murder didn't increase.

So..... what is the big benefit?

Didn't you see the graph???!!!!

Yes, we have a higher murder rate. You have a higher overall violent crime rate. In fact, much higher. I love how you attempt to discount assault reports. I noticed sexual assaults are up.

All those gun murders over there and you seem so concerned about assaults.

Priorities? :)

The trade off for you was less murder than us but much higher levels of overall violent crime

And the insinuation is that the ban caused that (of course!). There are a gazillion and one reasons why crime rates rise and fall.

Criminals love the fact that you allow no one to own firearms to guard against lawlessness.

Yes, it's all out of control here.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Chuck_Norris_Approves.gif