temporarily ran out of finasteride...help

chewbacca

Reaction score
i know i've seen posts about this before, but i've never dealt with the problem personally so i haven't paid too much attention to them.

i ran out of finasteride 2 days ago. for 2 days prior to that, i was splitting a propecia in half (.5mg) to make my usual 1mg pills last until my overseas shipment arrived, which it still hasn't. ~5-6 days since the 1mg dose, 2 days without any.

i already posted about trying to get some on loan in austin, tx, but didn't receive any replies. i expected to get my finasteride in by this time, but no luck.

am i screwed? when the finasteride does arrive do i need to OD on it (take a full fincar) for a couple of days to wipe out any dht quickly? go right back to regular dose? suggestions please!

chewbacca

Reaction score
no advice? :eek:

nikeaddict

Established Member
Reaction score
dont take more than recomended, you will be fine. a few days wont give it time to do anything. i can send you a propecia from new york if you need one. email me if you do. getatmed0g@aol.com

hairschmair

Established Member
Reaction score
Small doses of finasteride are quite effective. You could have gotten away with taking 0.5mg every other day or 0.25mg every other day even.

Anyway, your dose should be with you soon enough.

geo

Reaction score
hey

ill send ya some finasteride ..a few tabs..if you need..and in turn..if i ever run out again..you can get me back..when i ran out a few weeks ago..nobody came to my aid..i was disappointed..

PM if you need em still

Lizzad

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Any short break in treatment is no big issue at all.....don't sweat :freaked:

extremekicks

Established Member
Reaction score
ya all gotta plan your regimes and not depend on the nerf hearders in here to bail you out.

gleep

chewbacca

Reaction score
well today makes a week since my last finasteride dose. still nothing to worry about?

i did indeed begin splitting my Propecia in half a week before running out. it should have been enough to get me through, but alas it was not. i thought i'd get the stuff late last week so i didnt trouble anyone who offered to help me out...but that may be changing in the next couple of days.

after a week of no finasteride, i have to belive that my dht levels are back up to normal and are affecting my hair growth. d'oh