Telogen Effluvium or what is it???

Tombolino

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been on Propecia for 2 years and had managed to keep thick curly hair going except for some not too terrible frontal receding. I started taking Propecia way way before I started to seriously loose hair. I started right when I saw some frontal hair loss but very minimal. Im the only one that noticed. I started the Propecia as a preventive measure. Up until July of 2005 , like I said I managed to keep most of my great thick curly hair.

Then in the summer of 2005 a combination of stressful things apparently either coincided with or trigerred a rapid and ongoing shedding and thinning of all my hair. Went from thick to thin in 6 months. I still have hair, but seem to loose every day more and more. He ran his hand trhough my hair said the amount coming out was abnormal and too random (all over)

Went to my derm doctor whom i have seen for 2 years. Said I have Tellogen Effluvium. Recommended start minoxidil 5% (started in December) and stay with Propecia.

Im not sure if its really Telogen Effluvium? Any way to stop Telogen Effluvium? Maybe its just Telogen Effluvium part of MBP?

Has anybody had Telogen Effluvium? Does hair grow back?

Should I switch to Deutesteride?

thanks