techproof regarding Rogaine

tembo

Established Member
Reaction score
After two/three years, did you stop using Rogaine because it was causing itching or because it stopped working? Your pictures are old and your various Rogaine threads are a bit confusing so I ask you here. Do you now use Rogaine foam twice a day and is it working better that Rogaine solution? Did you try using Rogaine once a day in the past to prevent itching? Thanks.

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
tembo
rogaine slowly started losing its effectivness. (male pattern baldness won over rogaine. rogaine never stops male pattern baldness). the growth coming from rogaine was not enough to hide the male pattern baldness caused by dht as I was not on finasteride.

I stopped rogaine because of irritation because I tried once a day. But that was not enough. Slowly I went slick bald in many areas.

Now I am on rogaine foam after my hair transplant. My wife says I am much better looking than pre hair transplant.

I have stopped other minoxidil like (xandrox 15 and 12.5 etc) because of irritation.

tembo

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks tech. Do you plan on updating your new pics soon?

So your wife thinks you are better looking because the hair transplant hair has grown back or because of the Rogaine foam being effective?

Did you get BHT during your hair transplant?

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Tembo, you are welcome.
I just updated my 5 months pictures. I will update after Christmas.

I have hairs mainly because of hair transplant. I don't expect the foam to do anything significant. I am using it just to expedite the growth of my hair transplant hairs and to make sure I don't lose minoxidil dependent hairs.

I got 4200 strip grafts alone. If I get another hair transplant (I doubt it), it will still be another strip for 3000 grafts or so (whatever is available). It will be atleast 18 months from now.

tembo

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey tech your pics are for Jan 2006 and July 2005. You said you just updated 5 months post op pics?