Tattooing a strip scar.

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on tattooing a strip scar? Still keeping hair about a #2 but obviously in between would be tattooed hair. It's mostly covered but when I bend my neck when looking down I'm sure people notice something. I've been inspired by recent tattooing threads and would like to know any thoughts. I figure it can't look any worse than the scar at the very least, and since it's such a small area it shouldn't be an issue of whether or not it'll look realistic.

Thanks. Also if anyone has any examples they would be hugely appreciated.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Would'nt just applying some concealer to the area be a less risky and easier option. Or if you're determined to fix it properly then FUE or BHT it.

s.a.f

Reaction score
He means tattooing it to look like fake hair, Jamie Foxx just tattooed a symbol on his head.

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Concealer would be an option, however it's every single day and varies day to day. Not to mention it's the back of my head and then always gets all over my collar and is tough to apply properly.

I think the fact that it's partially covered anyway will help a lot. I'm not looking to tattoo an area that's completely bald with no other hair around it.

The bht and such is absurdly expensive and I've seen less than acceptable results with it. I figure I'll try tattooing now and if it doesn't work to my liking I'll then go for bht and see what happens.

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
dudemon said:
One question I have though, is what about when your skin gets tan - or when it goes from tan to not tan in the winter? Will the "color" of the tatoo not match the rest and stick out like a sore thumb? I need to investigate this further.

It might if you shave your head. I don't plan to completely shave it. Just buzz it down to a #2 or so without people noticing. I never got sunburns before the hair transplant when I'd buzz to a #2. So for someone with my plans for the tattooing I don't see this as a problem.

If you're going to shave your head I'd just make sure I apply sunblock to the back of your head that way it's a larger area and there's very little difference.

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't know man I have to do something. I just wish I could get the current hair transplant thickened up without anyone noticing. I'd give anything for that. I'm really getting sick of the comments and stares and people making fun of it. I was never the butt of the joke, I've always been the one to make the jokes, and never at the expense of others and now it seems I'm the one people talk about behind his back and no one invites out anymore because of it. f*** this.

I think the tattooing would be a good first step in being able to cut it shorter. We'll see what happens.

CCS

Reaction score
Look into this:

http://www.histylhair.com/index.html

Get the scar tatooed on the light side if you do, so it will look good in winter but be light in summer. Maybe get some dermabrasion.

Then get those tatoos into the middle of the scar so it looks like there are follicles under the skin. Ask them if they just do dots on the surface, or if they make columns under the skin.

Then have them go in between hairs in the balding areas.

That is the cheapest, no hassle way. Just see results in person before you let them ink you.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Is there still visable thinning when your hair is grown out guy? The last pic I saw of you looked like you had a mop on your head. By that I meant alot of hair, not that it looks like a mop. Maybe you could post some pics with your hair @ 2. Just be grateful that you have a minute area that needs to be filled with tattoo work. I've thought about getting the whole top of my head tattooed but everyone seems to advice against it. At least if I start getting hair transplants then shockloss won't be much of an issue since what hairs I have left on top are practically invisable. I think after two or three sessions when my head donor is gone that I will have enough body hair left to finish the job. Sometimes I look at this thick *** patch on my chest all the way down to pube town and think that shi7 should be on top of my head!

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
The last pic I saw of you looked like you had a mop on your head. By that I meant alot of hair, not that it looks like a mop.

That made me laugh.

Although the transplanted area is still uncomfortably thin and sparse looking. Also the individual stalks of hair don't look like they fit and so I get constant staring and the occasional stinging comment.

uncomfortable man said:
At least if I start getting hair transplants then shockloss won't be much of an issue since what hairs I have left on top are practically invisable. I think after two or three sessions when my head donor is gone that I will have enough body hair left to finish the job. Sometimes I look at this thick *** patch on my chest all the way down to pube town and think that shi7 should be on top of my head!

I have to say I don't think tattooing the whole head would look awful, but then again I've never seen them in person. It seems that when they do it, the hairlines look poorly designed. Otherwise it seems to look normal depending on the person's skin tone. At the very least though I think it would serve you to go see a Doctor that does both BHT and FUE for a consult. It's important to keep in mind that the BHT's seem to look very strange and it might serve you to make sure you have little to no scarring because it seems that if you keep BHT short it looks fairly normal.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Yeah, well SAF recommends strip because it yields more grafts and is cheaper. The downside is the scar. I'm not sure fue would do enough for me. At this point I think if I could get enough coverage on top to warrant me growing it out to about a two or three, then the scars won't be an issue considering I have enough hair on the top of my head again. I think even after bht, I could get away with a three since my chest hair is relatively straight and has good characteristics imo. Beard hair is pretty good too. And then there's topic, I would be so happy just to have enough hair to justify using that stuff...as pathetic as that sounds. All this stuff is just so much riskier for an nw5 like me. I just really need some good consultations with feller and H&W to see where I stand.

CCS

Reaction score
UCM,

If you are NW6, you will be spending a TON of money to get the density you want. If you got the money, fine. But if not, I'd buzz the chest hair with a hair buzzer, and get the tat on the head, and shave, that or tat the sides and piece on top. Piece is wonderful but scary. Tat on top you don't worry or spend time, but not as nice.

As for my mop, I got some news for you: Women chase guys who are perfect. If you are average, they let you chase them so you feel inadequate and spend money on them. The difference between my head and yours is just what is more tolerable. In fact, if you act like you know you have to compensate, women might go for you, whereas if I try to act like I'm good enough, they might avoid me.

CCS

Reaction score
I'd love to be able to shave my head any time I want, and the tattoos make it look like I have a thick hair and no scars. Then grow it back out, and the tattoo kinda make my hair look thicker by less scalp showing.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
It could help you CCS. I mean you've worn systems and you aren't even bald.

Rawtashk

Reaction score
About the Jamie Fox comment.....

It's how he went from this
jamie-foxx-440b-071610.jpg

And then this happened
263646~Jamie-Foxx-Posters.jpg

And then around the same time he got this suspiciously located tattoo
sag.jpg