taking the propecia plunge.....

nightlife

Reaction score
hey guys,

well done on a fantastic source of info. If anyone could help me with this id be happy dealing with other peoples questions too.

Currently im on minoxidil 5%, nizoral, and a hair supplement pill.

I think the best method of combating hair loss is propecia. However, at the moment a few things concern me:

1) Im broke! therefore im asking those of you in the UK who purchase propecia online...what is the most legitimate and reliable online seller of propecia? My concerns are: cost, and if what im taking is actually propecia and not some cheap imitation. I contacted a hair loss clinic in London and they quoted some silly figure for a course of propecia and minoxidil 12.5%. Why should i pay some hugely inflated price when i can buy the same thing online ?!

2) other than propecia, what would you guys recommend me adding to my regimem? (remember im poor!)

thanks

lithebod

Established Member
Reaction score
if you want generic finasteride then there are a few online pharmacies that do it or for genuine propecia - I bought 3 months worth for about 120 quid although the cheapest place I know of is Boots online pharmacy they do 3 months worth for about 90 pounds - but you will need to visit your GP and get a private prescription. If you really are poor poor then generics is your best bet - for me spending 500 quid on propecia a year is tolerable.

Boru

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I hope my regimen will give you a few pointers.
Firstly, I get my finasteride from Proscar on an ordinary NHS prescription, and cut it into 5ths. Originally I had a private prescription for Propecia. Luckily, I get my prescriptions free because I am on a permanent thyroid medication. Fortunately I have a very sympathetic lady doctor, who can see that alot of my hair is growing back. I would suggest Golden Australian Emu oil and a number of other treatments. If you have any questions, get in touch. Best of luck.
Boru

nightlife

Reaction score
also,

whats the cheapest online price per tab of propecia bought in the UK?

£1 is the lowest ive found

Boru

Established Member
Reaction score
nightlife said:
also,

whats the cheapest online price per tab of propecia bought in the UK?

£1 is the lowest ive found

Can you not get Proscar on an NHS prescription?

The Pioneer Trading Company sent me its Emu Oil Hair Loss Study
and without repeating their very positive/optimistic claims in full, they state that there was a study in the journal "Plastic Reconstructive Surgery" in 1998 which showed that emu oil halved the recovery time of skin wounds, and a 20% increase in DNA synthesis in skin cells of mice. "It has been therefore suggested that the emu oil application may encourage cell division by supplying some of the fatty acids that are needed for the process.....Furthermore the enzyme 5-alpha-reductase, which converts testosterone into the hormone DHT.....is known to be inhibited by several of the fatty acids that are present in emu oil."

I have no idea if these claims are true, however I have noticed that emu oil seems to take away redness from minoxidil, and since my hair is gradually growing back, emu oil at least isn't doing any harm.
Boru

nightlife

Reaction score
hoit, i had a look at that finpecia link

turns out the product is shipped from india. its so much cheaper than propecia! still i just dont feel comfortable buying it from abroad and from that website. id still prefer to go through boots online because i can trust them that what they say is propecia actually is.

boru,

i dont know if you can get proscar on the NHS

thanks

Boru

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, Proscar can be prescribed for hairloss on NHS, and if you qualify for free prescriptions like me, good luck with your doctor.
Boru