Taking 7 Mg Finasteride Weekly But Splitted Into 2 Doses

lukedorian

Reaction score
Hello guys i was taking finasteride 3 times per week, mon, wed, fri with good results, how ever i´m of those who rather avoid having sex on finasteride days, so at some point i changed to 2 mg on sundays and 2 mg on wednesdays also maintaining all i have, thing is i also use minoxidil 2% but i´m planning on dropping minoxidil so i´m just curious some one takes finasteride only twice weekly??
What´s your take on this way of taking it as i mentioned before i have been taking it for quite some time now with good results i´d just up the dose a bit from 4 to 7 mg weekly.

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride has a short half-life, and so it is better to take 1mg each day than to take 3.5mg twice a week. 1mg each day will be more effective than 3.5mg twice a week, and side-effects are likely to be less also as your DHT levels are more steady and are not fluctuating as much.

lukedorian

Reaction score
Finasteride has a short half-life, and so it is better to take 1mg each day than to take 3.5mg twice a week. 1mg each day will be more effective than 3.5mg twice a week, and side-effects are likely to be less also as your DHT levels are more steady and are not fluctuating as much.

Taking it daily to cause less side effects?? lol what?? you must be the only one thinking like that, that is obviously a bold statement, i have been taking this med long enough to know taking it daily is just a suicide attempt i´m doing great right now i think i´ll up the dose to a whole 5 mg proscar pill twice per week
I also use Minoxidil 2% mixxed with bimatoprost as part of my regimen i think that plays a big roll on maintaining all i have, also minoxidil 5% gives me more sides than those of finasteride.

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Taking it daily to cause less side effects?? lol what?? you must be the only one thinking like that, that is obviously a bold statement, i have been taking this med long enough to know taking it daily is just a suicide attempt i´m doing great right now i think i´ll up the dose to a whole 5 mg proscar pill twice per week
I also use Minoxidil 2% mixxed with bimatoprost as part of my regimen i think that plays a big roll on maintaining all i have, also minoxidil 5% gives me more sides than those of finasteride.
It is best to have your DHT at a constant, steady level, rather than having your DHT levels spiking up and down continuously. Taking a lower dose of finasteride more often will result in more steady, constant DHT levels than taking a higher dose less often will, and in my opinion will have a smaller risk of side-effects. Just giving my two cents.

What are the side-effects that minoxidil has given you? I used minoxidil for a while, but I decided to stop using it as I noticed it was making my face very puffy, especially my eye area. Other people on this forum have also noticed this side-effect too.