Switching to a wig when NW2

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Here is a thought: for those who know NW6 is coming, when hairloss starts, switch to a wig when NW2. That way nobody should suspect a thing.

Viable strategy?

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
It's certainly a reasonable and preemptive plan of recourse if you are sure you're mentally wired or equipped to handle the long term maintenance of a wig. Norwood 2's are predominantly very young guys who usually run from the notion of wearing a rug( often still in the denial and trial stage), but nonetheless your logic makes a lot of sense to me.

lkm370

Established Member
Reaction score
I could only do this with a full cap. It seems a hell of a lot easier and less stressful

kpat

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm 22, I am between a NW2 and NW3 (I can't tell because I have a prominent widow's peak, so my middle is at nw2 but my temples are more at nw3), and I've already started wearing wigs. They're not necessarily to fool people into thinking I have hair, though. Since I can't afford really nice, realistic wigs, I just get cheap wigs in obviously unnatural colors. To me the wigs are more related to my gender identity and I feel more like myself when I'm in the wig, but I also kind of think of my wig as an accessory of sorts. If I go bald, I'm just gonna shave my head and get an awesome tattoo on my head and wear wigs when I feel like it.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
At what part you actually put the wig on? The hairline is M-shaped. Do you shave the M?

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
As I understand it there are wigs or hair systems that can be cut to subtly match your preexisting hairline. I don't necessarily advocate the use of a wig, but I fundamentally agree with The Captain's suggestion, when it comes to for any early Norwoods whom may be interested in a more subtle transition or in other words a less obvious cover up.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes I'll opine strictly for the sake of affecting a natural and aesthetic hairline, one that will draw the least attention( obviously an important feature)you'll want a wig that will compliment your original hair line and texture. Wigs can be very costly as well as a hassle to manage and groom and for many others a controversial area of discussion. I've had some good and not so good experiences using one, but I will tell you I never lost my job while wearing one.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
They can be or they are? A little bit more certainty and specificity, plz! What's the hassle about and why are they so difficult to groom? I thought a new one just has to be bought, when the old one gets ugly.

dreamermerlin

Established Member
Reaction score
They can be or they are? A little bit more certainty and specificity, plz! What's the hassle about and why are they so difficult to groom? I thought a new one just has to be bought, when the old one gets ugly.
They surely are. You glue them to your scalp, i assume that doesn;t feel very good, sebum starts producing under the wig and it may gain bad smells.
Then, what about when your hair on the sides grows longer, the wig will start to look odd, where do you go to cut it, at the regular barber?
And then, and then and then...
Never had one and i would never wear one, too much hassle...

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Are you sure finasteride or minoxidil grown hair grows at the same speed as the sides? Popping pills and putting liquid on your scalp, risking side-effects and fighting dandruff daily isn't a hassle? The wigs look like they breathe. I don't believe they would start to smell.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Why is it not viable? Wigs have become better so it should be easier than it was for your father.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wigs have not changed since 1979. Why would it have? It is and will always be glueing hair to your head.

My father is still wearing one by the way, and it's a state of the art wig.
technological progression lol

but yea of course if you are talking about the basic principle of wigs . . . . of course that wouldn't change. then it wouldn't be a wig anymore.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Wigs have not changed since 1979. Why would it have? It is and will always be glueing hair to your head.

My father is still wearing one by the way, and it's a state of the art wig.

When did your mom find out about the wig? What was her reaction? Are they still married?

- - - Updated - - -

CAPTAIN-ANSWER MY PRIVATE MESSAGE

No, I have not considered a wig: my whole circle, relatives, friends etc know me as bald. I would be ridiculed to hell if I started on a wig.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Happy Anniversary to Mrs.and Mr. FredTheBelgium! In a country with a 20% marriage survival rate 25 years is a true statistical testimony of their serious commitment and faith to each other and their family.:bravo: