switching from...

Reaction score
im about to switch from Nizoral 2% to Nizoral 1%. when i first started checking this forum i had no idea that Nizoral had 2 seperate strengths and so i got some 2%. ive been using minoxidil' and Nizoral for the past 3-4 months. though i havent had any substantial growth, i think the minoxidil and nizoral combo has in the very least thickened up some hair. if anything my hair looks about the same (maybe a bit better) then it did 3-4 months ago. that alone is worth the time to keep things up.

anyways... i was wondering if switching to 1% will "disturb" the regimen that ive kept for the last few months and subsequently, hinder my results so far and/or affect any possible future gains? thanks fellow chrome-domes.

yello911

Established Member
Reaction score
Have you experience negative effects because of the 2%? If not, why are you changing to a weaker formula?

yello911

Established Member
Reaction score
I see. Well, the way i look at it, if you haven't noticed very much in the way of improvement from your pre-nizoral treatment, I don't see that it would affect anything to greatly. I really doubt that you would be worse off than your pre-nizoral regimen.

Stingray

Reaction score
1% is fine. Save a buck or 2 dude...you'll need em.