Switching From Propecia To Generic And Then Back To Propecia

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is what happened to me, please if you read this and can add ANYTHING - let me know.

- 5 years on Propecia pretty much kept my hair (or slowed down the hair loss).

- Due to shortage at the Pharmacy and lower cost I (sadly) switched to Generic (Teva Pharms) for 4 months.
After a month I experienced a lot of hair falling.

- After 4 months of the Generic, I switched back to the original Propecia but the hair kept on falling for months.

- Now It's been 13 months since I'm back on the original. I think most of the time I kept losing hair (maybe sometimes it stopped for a bit). But now I still lose hair and you can see the scalp (horseshoe).

So obviously I'm very sad.

My question is:
Do you guys think I can have my hair regrow after 13 months being back on the Original?

If you know from experience of you or other people that you know - please leave a comment.

Thanks in advance,
Headdy.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's the same active ingredient so it shouldn't be an issue. Your hair loss probably became a little more aggressive aka why you're starting to lose.

Sokubo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any other opinions / experiences?

I imagine what he's saying isn't too far from the truth. You could of course try Dutasteride (blocks more DHT) if your hair loss continues (which it likely will).

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
If Propecia = Finasteride
and
Generic = Finasteride
Then Finasteride = Finasteride and Propecia = Generic