switching from hydralazine to ACE-inhibitors

G

I have used hydralazine for 2 months. During those 2 months I noticed I grew quite some hair. At this moment I am using a ACE-inhibitor.

Both of these medicine widen the arteries. So my question is, will I keep the hair I have grown with hydralazine now that I am using a ACE-inhibitor?

I sure hope so!

Bismarck

Reaction score
Don't think so. Maybe you can ask your Doctor for a prescription for Loniten.

G

cesim said:
I have used hydralazine for 2 months. During those 2 months I noticed I grew quite some hair. At this moment I am using a ACE-inhibitor.

Both of these medicine widen the arteries. So my question is, will I keep the hair I have grown with hydralazine now that I am using a ACE-inhibitor?

I sure hope so!

cesim, are these medicines used for a medical condition you have (besides male pattern baldness) ??

G

Yes TynanW. I have problems with my arteries. Always cold feet, high blood pressure. However since I started using hydralazine and now an ACE-inhibitor I feel a lot better.

Bismarck

Reaction score
tynanW said:
cesim said:

I sure hope so!

cesim, are these medicines used for a medical condition you have (besides male pattern baldness) ??

I guess this guy has problems with his heart.... :wink:

G

Hey Bismarck. No I have no problem with my heart :) At least not yet :lol: Just the arteries.

G

Maybe I should lower the dose of the ACE-inhibitor and use it in combination with hydralazine(apresoline). :lol:

Bismarck

Reaction score
cesim said:
Hey Bismarck. No I have no problem with my heart :) At least not yet :lol: Just the arteries.

So I guess hydralazine works the same way as minoxidil.

G

Bismarck wrote:

They are both direct vasolidators.

What I still don't understand is that when I used minoxidil topically(rogaine),
my heart was racing all the time, my face got swollen and I got chest pains.

G

cesim said:
Bismarck wrote:

They are both direct vasolidators.

What I still don't understand is that when I used minoxidil topically(rogaine),
my heart was racing all the time, my face got swollen and I got chest pains.

were you using both vasolidators together (minoxidil & hydralazine) ??

G

I have just learned the difference.

ACE-inhibitors counteract vasoconstriction whereas loniten(minoxidil) and hydralazine(apresoline) force the arteries to open. So I am likely to lose the hair I have regrown :evil:

I'll just find an other solution :hairy:

G

hhmmm...

The obvious conclusion to draw would be a systemic over absorption of the minoxidil.

Did you use the minoxidil on a damp scalp or/and apply more than 1ml twice a day?

I found that when I slipped into thinking that I could use just a little more of a dab here and an extra splash there over the 1ml application on a freshly damp (not hydrated) scalp (UpJohn say to apply only to a dry scalp) that I began to get mild heart palpataions, through (I assume) over absorption.

When I made the connection, I immediately started applying only to a dry (hydrated but not damp) scalp and strictly stuck to 1ml, and hey what would you know the palpataions stopped.

just an idea

G

No I applied on a dry scalp TynanW. Copper or tin-pepptides you say? WELL WHY NOT DAMN IT! I'll try it all! :hairy:

Thnx for the suggestion TynanW.

Bismarck

Reaction score
minoxidil-hairs can't be kept by anything. I think the same holds for hydra-hairs. :(

G

Bismarck said:
minoxidil-hairs can't be kept by anything. I think the same holds for hydra-hairs. :(

can hydralazine keep minoxidil hairs ?

or can minoxidil keep hydralazine hairs ?

could copper pepptides keep minoxidil hairs, or does their influence on hair growth use a completely different method ?