switching from dutas to gsk avodart

Goingat20

Reaction score
Hey guys, ive made the switch from dutas to gsk avodart. Just a quick (probably stupid qn), could this cause a shed?

I will keep use updated if i see a change in results, if i see no beneficial results with in a year, back to dutas hehe

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Good choice. If it causes a shed, then it's good-- because it means Avodart is working where dutas wasn't.

oni

Reaction score
LoL! My first 3 months was on Avodart the rest of my 2 years has been on all types of generics of dutasteride!

You really need to give the generic Drug more than 6-7 months before jumping on Avodart what is that going to prove! :lol:

oni

Reaction score
Good choice. If it causes a shed, then it's good-- because it means Avodart is working where dutas wasn't.

:lol: :lol: :roll:

That sounds real scientific.

Ps Dave says Hi

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
oni said:
LoL! My first 3 months was on Avodart the rest of my 2 years has been on all types of generics of dutasteride!

You really need to give the generic Drug more than 6-7 months before jumping on Avodart what is that going to prove! :lol:

That's not very scientific, either. Tell me, how do you know that "Dutas" is actually legitimate? Do you have it tested? Don't give me that "Dr. Reddy/ Cipla/ whatever is a reputable manufacturer" because you and I both know that counterfeit drugs entering the country is a HUGE business. A quick google search in the News section will reveal more seized counterfeits coming over the border each and every week.

I don't mean to jump on you, but I can't let you throw stones at Aplunk when you're sitting in that big, glass house.

oni

Reaction score
Counterfeit drugs are nearly all the time copies of brand name drugs not generics.

I am less at risk of taking a counterfeit drug than you, if you take brand name drugs? :roll:

People that make counterfeit drugs are in it to make money :roll:

I don't see them making much money on a poor selling cheap generics of Avodart (dutastride).

How do I know Dutas and the other generics are real?

I don't but my hair has gone from strength, to strength over the last 2 years and that can't only be from 3 months on Avodart at the start! :lol:

Stax, Dave says takes one to know one and he really likes you!

oni

Reaction score
And me and Dave live in a mud hut at the moment :( there is no glass even on the windows.

not me! what type of Norwood are you ?

oni

Reaction score
Whatever you have to tell yourself.

Me and Dave like to tell each other storys about the time the little Mexican man came to sell us some counterfeit generic Avodart...................................... Me and Dave can't sleep now and have nightmares......................................................

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
oni said:
And me and Dave live in a mud hut at the moment :( there is no glass even on the windows.

not me! what type of Norwood are you ?

Right on.

You can check out all my pics and my story in the link in my sig.

oni

Reaction score
We did but you just look like every other Norwood that we have!

Dave asked if you are a special person?

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
oni, tell Dave i was only joking :D

I would never speak those harsh words about Dave in a real tone. Dave's my new idol :)

Dave's not a pubic hair is he?

oni

Reaction score
Dave says thanks, but you know Dave does not like to speak about his parentage. wink:

Goingat20

Reaction score
8 days in and im shedding like crazy. Im not sure what to think, swiitching couldnt have made me shed this early? Or could it be the spironolactone? Im confused

Jacky81

Established Member
Reaction score
Goingat20 said:
8 days in and im shedding like crazy. Im not sure what to think, swiitching couldnt have made me shed this early? Or could it be the spironolactone? Im confused
No, not with dutasteride after 8 days. This is really unrealistic...