Switched to Xandrox 15 -- shedding?

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I used to post a bit a couple of years ago, but drifted off when life started getting in the way. I've been on finasteride and minoxidil 5% for about 4 years now, and have done well keeping my hair and gaining a bit as well. Lately I've switched my minoxidil treatment from 5% twice a day to 5% in the AM and Xandrox 15 at night, just to see if regrowth is even possible this many years in. At any rate, I believe this switch has caused a shed. Has anybody else on minoxidil for a few years tried switching to a higher dosage with a similar reaction? Is it common for Xandrox 15 to cause shedding in someone already accustomed to minoxidil use? Should I anticipate growth from this?

sam8183

Reaction score
minoxidil to Xandrox shed

Hey sorry but i can't answer your questions, i can only reinforce what you have said.

I have been on propecia and regaine for 6 yearsish since i was 16 and maintenance is ok but still receding.

Switched a month and a half ago to xandrox 5% minoxidil and have experienced and can see alot more shedding on the applied areas but especially where i am receding.

I wanna know if this shedding is going to stop some time. i know they said wait 100 days but 100 days is a freaking long time when you are shedding when you ain't sure if it's gonna all grow back and maintain.