Sweating after applying minoxidil

kalbo

Established Member
Reaction score
Okay here's my problem:

I live fairly close to my college so I usually bike there in the morning. Unfortunately I always end up sweating and this is right after I applied minoxidil.

So is there some sort of rule that states that you are not supposed to exercise after applying?

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i wud like to know this too. as i do heavy weights sessions most days.

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
There isn´t a rule as such, but from what i understand, sweating makes the minoxidil flow away from the applied areas along with the sweat, which means less is applied to the areas you want and more to areas u don´t want, which could even mean hair growth in those areas. but this shouldn´t be a MAJOR problem. only if you start sweating lots right after minoxidil is applied, not even giving it a chance to dry off a bit.

bluntman

Reaction score
This has been happening to me as well lately. Here in Southern California we have been experiencing a heatwave, which makes it virtually impossible not to sweat once you step outside. This is a pain in the *** because i work outdoors and im usually drenched after an hour or so.
My basic plan was to try to get up earlier than normal, maybe a couple hours earlier, and apply minoxidil so it has some time to dry. I just cant get my but outa bed, but i guess thats because its summer time and the living is easy. Some days it works and some it dont

kalbo

Established Member
Reaction score
MPBWarrior said:
There isn´t a rule as such, but from what i understand, sweating makes the minoxidil flow away from the applied areas along with the sweat, which means less is applied to the areas you want and more to areas u don´t want, which could even mean hair growth in those areas. but this shouldn´t be a MAJOR problem. only if you start sweating lots right after minoxidil is applied, not even giving it a chance to dry off a bit.
Well I hope you're right. I don't sweat profusely, but I do sweat quite a bit.

Can anyone else verify whether or not it's okay to sweat after applying minoxidil?