SURE HAIR INTERNATIONAL?

kisstopherp

Reaction score
Hello Everyone

I am new to this forum but not new the subject of hair loss. Like many of you I have been researching extensively for the past 3 years (i'm 26). My question is, I am very uneasy about getting a hair transplant that involves surgery. I know the FUE procedure is better but WAY more exensive. Sure Hair inernational has a procedure in which they use other people's hair that resembles your hair as much as possible to do the transplant. Thus there is no need to take anything from the donor area. Has anyone had this procedure or has any had any hair transplant from sure hair international they would so kindly share? Thanks all the best.

fifty

Established Member
Reaction score
FUE is only better in that you don't get the 1-2mm scar. FUE yield is normally not as good as with strip. By that I mean usually less % of grafts grow with FUE.

I looked at Sure Hair's site and didn't see anything about using other people's hair... I believe this is impossible anyway. I remember Alvi doing a study on transplanting hair from patient A to patient B and vice versa. After 4 months about 10% of the grafts survived but at 12 months I don't think any grafts survived. So it was proven that you can't just transplant hair from other people (without further research).

fifty

Established Member
Reaction score
Yea that's just a hair system / type of wig. I hear they are a real pain in the *** in general. I wouldn't recommend it.

G

My advice is to stay away from this concept if it is indeed surgery involving donor follicules from someone else. Any time I have heard if it being tried, it has been anything but good. :freaked2:

My experience has been that these approaches are made to desperate people who lack donor.

Stick with techniques that have been emperically proven over and over.