Supplement for healthy hair growth & shedding reduction?

79BirdofPrey

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm shedding quite a bit lately and I suspect it has to due with vitamin deficiency and stress.

Are there any hair health multi-vitamins? I am terrible at taking pills regularly so a single product is best for me. Does anyone take anything they'd recommend? Thank you!

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you considered taking a blood test to confirm if you actual do have a deficiency?

ninarosshairtherapy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Some supplements might be beneficial for hair health and potentially reduce shedding, but the evidence is mixed. Here's what you should know:

Supplements with Potential Benefits:

• Biotin: Biotin is a B vitamin that helps convert food into energy and is important for hair health. A deficiency can contribute to hair problems. However, research on biotin for hair loss specifically is limited, and most studies focus on individuals with a pre-existing biotin deficiency.
  • Iron: Iron deficiency is a common cause of hair loss, especially in women. Ensuring adequate iron intake through diet is important. Supplementation might be recommended by your doctor if you have an iron deficiency.
  • Vitamin D: Vitamin D deficiency has been linked to hair loss. Getting your vitamin D levels checked and taking supplements if needed might be beneficial.
Important Considerations:

• Consult a Doctor Before Starting Supplements: It's important to talk to your doctor before starting any supplements, especially if you have any underlying health conditions or are taking medications. They can advise on the appropriate dosage and potential interactions with other medications.
  • Diet is Key: A balanced diet rich in essential nutrients for hair health is crucial. Focus on getting adequate protein, iron, vitamins A, C, D, E, and zinc through your diet whenever possible. Supplements can be a helpful addition, but shouldn't replace a healthy diet.
  • Limited Evidence: While some studies suggest benefits for the supplements mentioned above, the evidence for their effectiveness in reducing hair loss specifically is not conclusive.