Super Tape and hold time

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I was regularly getting 3 weeks and sometimes 4 with Supertape.

These last few months, I'm finding 2-weeks is maximum I am getting - nothing else has changed. I have tried it on different pieces and from different suppliers but its had no effect.

Has anyone else a change in Supertape this year?

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
You may have ruled this out already, but do you notice any change in sebum production, more specifically more oily scalp/hair?
This may be one logical explanation, if you are washing hair/scalp regularly and COMPLETELY RINSING shampoo out,
then next to questioning integrity of product itselfI can't think of another possible explanation then besides increase in sebum. Good luck and let us know when/if you find the culprit.:santa:

George W Hitler

Reaction score
Hello to the both of you,

If you are stressed you will produce more sebum which will make your skin more oily = tape will have less adherence.
If you are moving a lot in your bed - wear a fishnet thingy (I don't know the name sorry) = piece will be less pulled.
You don't really need shampoo for your piece. The hair does not produce oil. The less you pull on your piece - the more it will last.
Also, if someone services you - they should remove the glue et al, but never wash the piece unless you are wearing it. The reason is that water straightens hair - this will make the knots want to "untie".
When you do wash your piece in the shower - only use mildly conditioner. Nothing more.
You also need to purchase a piece where each hair is an individual knot - if 20 or 30 hairs are held by one knot - when the knot break or "unties" you will lose lots of hair.
Sorry if I derailed the thread a little - best of luck to you!

George!