Suggestions?

Vinton Harper

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I had a hair transplant(several actually-small quantities of grafts each session due to my money situation at the time) in the early 90's and at first it looked great. Now however, after losing more of my original hair, the transplanted hair along my hairline has become more noticeable(especially to me), and until I can get enough money to have another transplant I have been considering using a concealer and was wondering about other people's success in using them. I'm particularly curious about Toppik, Hairsoreal, and Couvre. I'm thinking that Couvre might be good for what I want(to blend my hairline). I do have thinning on top and on the crown but it is better when I comb my hair straight back but then the transplant is more noticeable on the hairline on the sides of my head.

Some concerns I've had about Toppik and Hairsoreal is that they say they are non-toxic and all, yet they say don't breath them in. And since they are tiny fibers I was just wondering if they could create problems like Asbestos fibers in the lungs just from them being in the air and, in these concealers cases, in such close proximity to your mouth and nose when you are shaking them on to your head.
Hope you don't think I am too paranoid but I have thought about that.

I guess the main thing in a concealer for me would be how realistic it looks and if it stays put, so if you have used these products and wish to share, please do. Thank you!