Suggestions For My Regime

Hamsterman

Reaction score
Hi. I've been coming to this site for a long time, first time poster. I'm looking to get more advice on where I should take my regime.

I first noticed my hair loss when I was around 21 when I noticed slight recession at the temples. I went on 1mg finasteride and 5% minoxidil twice a day. This pretty much held everything in place for 18 months till about November 2012. After them my hair loss went down hill, my hair thinned dramatically across my head and my scalp was unbelievably painful (excruciating at times). Previously I'd only really noticed recession at the temples, but at this point I realised I was thinning quite a lot on the crown something it had never even occurred to me would ever happen.

Jul 2013: I switched to a private clinic minoxidil with oestradiol valerate and cyproterone acetate, this massively improved the scalp pain and slowed down the hair loss although my crown continued to get worse. For the last month I've switched to 0.5mg avodart every day. So far this seems to have halted any further recession and the feel of my hair and the itching has improved. I can only use my current minoxidil once a day as it is on prescription, which is strictly enforced.

So my question is what to add to my regime: 0.5mg avodart every day, 5% minoxidil prescription drops once a day.

1. Applying minoxidil once a day seems like a waste. I'm tempted to add an additional minoxidil source to my regime. Twice a day application is pretty common and I don't see why this should interfere with the action of the anti-androgen minoxidil given that I will be applying them 10+ hours apart. I was previously on 5% minoxidil at the Belgravia so I could go back to that or up to an 8% solution from the Belgravia or perhaps try rogaine at 5%. Belgravia is expensive and it is possible that their minoxidil exacerbated my scalp irritation. I've never tried rogaine could be an interesting experiment - just doesn't seem like a big gun given that my hair loss is aggressive enough to have powered through 1mg of finasteride per day.

2. Is regenpure (the Ket version) a worthwhile addition? I'm only looking for marginal gains and this seems like a good bet.

3. I'm going to add biotin 2.5mg every day.

Any other suggestions?