success...then a huge shed :O

souldoctor

Reaction score
Hey all,

I've been on propecia for about 14/15 months now...had a few sheds previously, but hair's always regrown well and thicker....overall I'd have to say I am/was happy...last few months hair was awesmoe...literally just a week and a half ago, i had wicked hair..was in a bar with mates who don't have any male pattern baldness (one of them has the thickest hair i've seen), and we were talking about our hair, one of my mates said I had the best looking hair that night...

anyway...here comes the 'but'...cutting to the chase...somehow (as if that guy's saying that suddenly jinxed me??!), I've just had the worst shed of my life :(. I posted something similar to this a few months ago after a shed, saying what's the deal, should I ride it out or give up...and I stuck with it, and it all got better. But the shed wasn't THIS bad. Honestly, my frontal hair is shot to pieces now...and man, only 14 days ago I was spiking it up at the front, in the middle, doing all sorts :O

Is such a sudden and extreme shed normal this long into treatment? Shouldn't propecia stabilise your hair somewhat, especially after 14 months? I've had (up to now!) overall success, no doubt...but it's not been without periods of shedding, ups and downs, and overall uncertainty...

What's the next thing if hair doesn't come through after this? minoxidil? I can't afford to shed on that too...hair's damn thin right now :(

SD

souldoctor

Reaction score
OK...f*** that. I'm an idiot..I don't care...

One of my best mates has just been diagnosed with cancer of male breast..he's been clinically depressed for a while, and I knew it but never said (I'm a med student). But man...this is fucked. He's come out with some cary sh*t before , about killing himself and all...his life's been quite fucked up...this is a whole level of bad news though...I'm seriously worried he's gonna go off the edge..

sh*t..i feel like a prick...my fuckin hair is not that big a deal...i've got a family that loves me, good mates, and a career as a doctor if i get my lazy *** in gear....and no cancer (yet...should quit smoking...)

arrgh..

G

Hey souldoctor,

I am sorry to hear about your friend´s cancer. They next step after propecia fails is Dutasteride. It works like a stronger version of Finasteride (Propecia). Take a look at the dutasteride section of the forum.