Success taking proscar at low dosage or every 2nd day?

sanchez

Reaction score
Has anyone had success taking proscar at low dosage or every 2nd day? I just started proscar at 1.25 mg/day 5 days ago, and already Ive experienced a decrease in libido. I am thinking of taking 1.25 mg of finasteride every second day from now on. Has anyone had success with a similar regime?

Sir_LagaLot

Established Member
Reaction score
the guys posted pics with just a two month gap in between and is also using minoxidil. using several treatments makes it difficult to attribute your success to any one.

biff

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been using minoxidil for a couple of years and haven't had regrowth as good as that. If I had to put money on it I would say that it's the finasteride that has produced the regrowth and the kelp tablets which have given him results so quickly. I read something a little while ago where someone mentioned their hair grew an inch a month while taking kelp tablets.

sanchez

Reaction score
Yea, I know that guy had success with 1.25 mg every 2nd day. But no one else eh? Ive seen those graphs, but it seems like ppls opinions on taking it every 2nd day vary. Just wanted to see if someone else has actually reported success with that regime.

amrod

Established Member
Reaction score
i was using 1mg daily so now im using 1mg every other day because the sex drive side effects were extreme

feels good i just hope my hair will keep on recovering

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
I am of the old school opinion that you don't ever want to go above 1mg daily, and if you are going to go lower than 1mg daily, you do it on a daily basis, not skipping days. Remember this is a constantly changing environment, and the hormones you are inhibiting are constantly being replaced. Everyone replaces them at different speeds so there is no hard and fast rule about how long Xmg will "last" from person to person. That being said, just like with any other medication on this *planet* ... you take the minimum dose required to *do the job* and you take it daily so that a constant *inhibition* can be maintained. Doing anything else will introduce fluctuation in hormone levels and in my opinion will do more harm to your hair than good.

HairLossTalk.com

wino

Reaction score
I'm having success with propecia eod. Roughly the same maintenance as I saw taking it every day for about five years.

[knocking on particle board]

I did the 0.5 mg everyday for a while but got tired of chopping pills.

Nobody really has the answer to be truthful.

nooc

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Biff, thanks for posting my link. I hope my story inspires others.

But Sir Lagalot is correct. I am using several treatments in my regimen, so it is impossible to tell just how much finasteride is responsible for my regrowth.

HairLossTalk.com's suggestion that you do a lower dosage on a daily basis is similar to what one doctor recommended to me also - that you should do smaller doses on a daily basis, not a large dosage on alternate days.

However, since Proscar is so difficult to cut into smaller pieces that 1/4, I have chosen to do the larger dose every other day.

I can honestly say that it's my whole regimen that is working for me, and the 1/4 Proscar pill every other day is just a part of it. An important part, but just part of it.