SUCCESS! Hint: Do Something Now...

RagingBaldy

Reaction score
I'm going to be honest.

I joined this site about 7 years ago. Although I haven't really been active then either, I straight up forgot about this forum until now.

I've been on a combination of Rogaine + Finsteride (1.5 mg) + Nizoral (on and off).

These medications seem to have either halted my hairloss or at the least slowed it down tremendously for the past several years. I also took the plunge and went with Dr. Rahal about 2-3 years ago for my hairline.

In terms of treatment, these were the best decisions I've ever made as I've completely forgotten about my hairloss. Virtually nobody could tell either, and the result in confidence is worth the effort. It might be temporary but I can say with relief that the battle has been won. Presently, "it ain't a thang." Hopefully a real cure or new research can be developed one day.

Unlike some of the other threads I don't feel comfortable putting up pics for anonymous reasons.

However, my message should be clear: Those on the fence should get on the big 3 now.

If it wasn't for this forum I would have talked myself out of meds, and I probably wouldn't have found a top-notch doctor whom I trusted. Owe my thanks to the forum.

Unless hairloss really doesn't affect your confidence or you can handle how others treat you (e.g. You got the face to pull off the shaved look like a boss) then don't delay treatment. Others may call you vain, but you know yourself better than anybody on whether you can live with hairloss or not.

If not...

DO something about it.

smyth01

Established Member
Reaction score
Great advise. Too much ''going to wait and see what happens before I jump on finasteride'' going on. Take it when your winning, and you can decide then if you will stay on it.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Great advise. Too much ''going to wait and see what happens before I jump on finasteride'' going on. Take it when your winning, and you can decide then if you will stay on it.

Yeah, but too many people refuse to do that because of all the BS they read online about finasteride.