Succes only after 6 months?

kevinme

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Are there any people on Dutasteride who've had succes only AFTER 6 months? With that I mean, a decrease in hairloss, no more hairloss or regrowth.

Thanks

Sean68

Reaction score
yeah. not me but jayman has i think among others. why have you?

kevinme

Established Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering since Finasteride didn't seem to do much for me in 6 months. Maybe I should have tried it for 1 year, but I don't really believe in good responders after the 6th month mark.

Strat54

Established Member
Reaction score
I’m starting to grow some hair after 7 months.
Propecia also took 7-8 months before I saw any regrowth.

I’m not going to grow a humongous amount of hair, but I’ll be happy if I fill in my temples.

Overall, my hair has had an increase in fullness. I do feel like all of my hair is thicker.

G

My temples have grown a fair amount of new hair. I've been on it for 6 months as of last week, and the right one has shown a fair amount of regrowth. My crown has thickened up if there was something happening there and so has the top of my head. Still waiting on the frontal third of my head.

HughJass

Reaction score
my hairloss stopped after 12 weeks on avodart, not a great deal of regrowth but better than continueing to go bald thats for sure

plusryan

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't have a camera, but my temples are filling in almost completely with small black hairs. I've been on dutas for about 2 1/2 months and I'm very pleased with my regrowth.

G

ryan, that's probably from the rogaine. dutas doesn't work that fast.

kevinme

Established Member
Reaction score
People, I mean succes AFTER 6 months. So nothing happened in the first 6 months, but after they did.

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
the medication alone is only meant to halt hairloss ... any of the regrowth charts only put it in the low 100's as for a haircount increase. The only way you would multiply that to a significant level would be to add rogaine.

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
kevinme said:
People, I mean succes AFTER 6 months. So nothing happened in the first 6 months, but after they did.
I was shedding between months 6 and 8 so all of my improvement came well after the half year. It took 6 months from the end of the shed for my crown and mid-scalp region to regain their pre-shed density, therefore actual gains didn't begin to show until month 14, or thereabouts. The front was not only even slower than this, but in the end saw poorer results, crawling back to (roughly) its pre-shed level just a couple of months before the two-year mark - and that is where it remains as I approach 31 months on a daily dose.

Slarti

blueshard

Established Member
Reaction score
I am approaching the 3rd month mark... my hair has really gone to sh*t since starting this drug... the whole top thinned out and it has made me depressed. But I do believe that this is probably the best treatment for male pattern baldness and that it will help maintain my hair in the long run.. at least for 3 years or so.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
SkylineGTR said:
the medication alone is only meant to halt hairloss ... any of the regrowth charts only put it in the low 100's as for a haircount increase. The only way you would multiply that to a significant level would be to add rogaine.

man...thats low 100s per unit area (most likely 1in diameter circle) not 100 hairs TOTAL...lol

G

SkylineGTR said:

actually rogaine grew 50% more hair than dutasteride which grew 50% more hair than finasteride.

So finasteride= ~70 hairs per circle inch or whatever
dutasteride = ~105
Rogaine = ~140

Rogaine really doesn't grow a ton more than dutasteride. Used together they are effective but saying that dutasteride doesn't grow a lot and rogaine grows a lot is kinda disingenuous.

Edit: Just realized that the guy above me mentioned it but I guess I elaborated.

Seriously dude think about it. If dutasteride only grew 100 hairs total and finasteride only grew say 70, how on earth could Merck say that they noticed regrowth on 66% of patients? That kind of growth, 100 hairs on a head of say 70,000 hairs, would not be visible.