Struggling with Hair Loss as a young female, could GERD be the issue?

Amber Bella

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,
I am a 32 yr old female with no real underlying health issues. I have been experiencing hair loss for a few years, however, it has gotten much worse recently. Nothing traumatic has happened and I do suffer from anxiety and am taking Zoloft. Everyday is a struggle. I am losing clumps upon clumps in the shower, and even brushing out more afterwards. In addition, I cannot put my fingers through my hair--when its dry--without hair coming out. I have been to a number of doctors who keep telling me it is stress-related, but I feel that is not the only problem. This is excessive. I am currently taking Vitamin D and Vegamour. I was prescribed Minoxdil by mouth and Spironolactone from one dermatologist who barely looked at my scalp, but I have not started either. I fear, if it works, I will have to be on it for the rest of my life. My hair is visibly thin all around especially in the front. I can only go one day without washing my hair as it gets very oily. I do have severe Gerd/acid reflux. Could this be a contributing factor, or even the main problem? Doctors have been telling me no, however, I am not so sure.
I really need some guidance as I am losing hope.
Amber

Arlena

My Regimen
Reaction score
Check the rubber washers in your shower head!! My shower head had these black small washers that were degraded and giving off this black ink that was going in the water and all over me when I showered. Since I replaced my shower head and got rid of those washers my hair is growing back again. I would have never known if my shower head didn't break. I thought it was aging or hormones because I am 51 but it wasn't!