STRIP vs FUE: Would doing 500 FUE (as a test) make sense?

SummerOf2010

Reaction score
I had a test biopsy done by Rassman that showed me as not such a good candidate for FUE but was wondering if doing a few hundred FUE as a test would be warrented?

Will this take me past the point of no return for future potential STRIP?

wonder if getting say 500 FUE as a sort of test would wreck my doner area for future strip? (to see how many would "take" and see what the shock loss is)

Then decide on FUE vs STRIP vs NOTHING (perhaps becase my skin responded so poorly during the 500 test hair transplant)

Anyone ever dip thier toes in the water like this? or once the decsion is made is it best to do THE MOST MEGA number of grafts in the first operation?

Innermind

Established Member
Reaction score
u had a biopsy? Do you mean a couple of grafts taken by FUE? Why the f*** would you get a skin biopsy. Rassman isnt even known for doing FUE, I would not trust his opinion on it. Also, I just think rassman is a hack to begin with. But, w/e. Instead of having a biopsy to tell you if your arent a good canidate, why didnt you just get a few dozen FUE to see how that works.....

No 500 fue wont wreck your future strip option. But why 500. You should only do 150 or so max to test. That should give you a good idea, no need for 500.

SummerOf2010

Reaction score
Thanks Innermind. i wondered the same thing. why waste (7 i think it was) hairs. why not just translplant them and keep an eye on them.

anyway - I might hit Dr. Umar up about the 150 test FUE idea....or may just look into doing strip with Feller. not sure which makes the most sense.