Strip Scar Repair - Inaccurate News Vs Real News

CITech

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
There's a tremendous emphasis today on accurate news reporting. Fake, made-up stories, or incorrect news and information in every category, can have an adverse effect on all aspects of our lives. The field of hair restoration is no different. An item of false information related to hair restoration has been floating around for a few years. Patients in need of strip scar repair are sometimes told by doctors that hair transplanted into strip scars will not grow. This simply is not true!
scar4 x 4.jpg

shookwun

Reaction score
this thread alone is inaccurate, and misleading.

No doctor ever said that grafts into a scar wont grow, they have repeatedly mentioned that not all grafts are guaranteed to grow due skin complications in people with atrophic, and hypertropic scars.

SMP into a scar is misleading however. Multiple sessions are typically needed ontop of flattening, and lasering the scar down. I had 1 session for SMP into scar revision, and it did absolutely nothing. The thickness, and keloid regions in certain areas of my scar rejected the pigmentation.

CITech

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
this thread alone is inaccurate, and misleading.

You stated, "no doctor ever said that grafts won't grow, they have repeatedly mentioned that not all grafts are guaranteed to grow due skin complications in people with atrophic, and hypertropic scars."
At least 3 of Dr. Cole's patients were told during consultations with other doctors that hair will not grow in scar tissue. For you to say that no doctor ever said hair will not grow in scar tissue is beyond inaccurate, bordering on ridiculous. Your statement implies that you have been present at every hair transplant consultation since the beginning of hair transplant surgery. It is possible that the doctors who told our patient's that hair will not grow in scar tissue gave an abbreviated and inaccurate answer and what they really meant was, you can't get enough hair to grow in scar tissue to provide an acceptable cosmetic result. Of course this isn't true either. So either way, some doctors out there are giving patients false and inaccurate advice.