strip cost fue cost

jiannis13

Reaction score
Hi to everybody
im reading this and other forums for some time now and i want your opinion if i have understand correctly:
Lets say you need 5000 grafts
if you go with strip then the doctor can do all 5000 grafts in 1 procedure(1 day) at a cost approx 12000-15000 euros

if you go with fue then the doctor will need 3 or 4 procedures at different time period so probably 6-8 days in total at a cost approx 30000 euros

so as far as i understand the only and big difference between strip and fue is the cost and also that the doctor makes more money with the strip method and less effort than with the fue

am i correct?

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
5000 grafts are alot!

strips are not natural looking

alot of doctors wont do more than 3000, maybe 2000 fue in one sitting you need to wait at least 6-8 months between fue procedures

also far as price i couldn't tell you as i live in the US

although its average 5 dollars a graft
sometimes lower per graft with larger procedures

hope this helps

check out http://www.thaihairclinic.com/

its cheap in Thailand and is suppose to be reputable

wesleyBelgium

Established Member
Reaction score

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
strips are not natural looking

I thought strip was just how the donor hair was
harvested... in a strip from the back of the head and
the hairs are implanted the same regardless of strip or fue?

Petchsky

Reaction score
jiannis13 said:
Hi to everybody
im reading this and other forums for some time now and i want your opinion if i have understand correctly:
if you go with strip then the doctor can do all 5000 grafts in 1 procedure(1 day) at a cost approx 12000-15000 euros

if you go with fue then the doctor will need 3 or 4 procedures at different time period so probably 6-8 days in total at a cost approx 30000 euros

so as far as i understand the only and big difference between strip and fue is the cost and also that the doctor makes more money with the strip method and less effort than with the fue

am i correct?

All depends on the Doctor. Hasson and Wong for example can do 5000 mega session in a day, as do many of the top clinics.

There is a limit to how much FUE can be done a day, and I believe they will, at most, stage it over 2 days.

There is a lot of difference between strip and FUE, much more than just cost. FUE is more expensive as it's more labour intensive.

If you want 5000 grafts then Strip is the way.

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
jiannis13 said:
Hi to everybody

am i correct?
well i have been looking at dr de reys and he would do it in 2-3 days
5000 grafts for 9500 euros.
Im thinking about going there when i get a bit older.. if i loose more hair.

Devender

Established Member
Reaction score
Petchsky said:

Not necessarily true. You can go for a fue from scalp and beard to increase graft numbers.
Europe seems very expensive for hair transplants. :( Check Dr. Arvind Poswal, New Delhi. He has the most experience in hybrid procedures and is 1/4th the cost.

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Devender said:
Petchsky said:

Not necessarily true. You can go for a fue from scalp and beard to increase graft numbers.
Europe seems very expensive for hair transplants. :( Check Dr. Arvind Poswal, New Delhi. He has the most experience in hybrid procedures and is 1/4th the cost.

I was just wondering.. do you think 9500 euro is allot for 5000 grafts
with FUE ??

wesleyBelgium

Established Member
Reaction score
nope for the amount its not expencive...

dr de reys is from prohair belgium ?

are they doing 5000 grafts FUE ?
sinds i only see that they can do 4000 grafts FUE in 2 days ?
or would this be a 3 day procedure ?

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
wesleyBelgium said:
nope for the amount its not expencive...

dr de reys is from prohair belgium ?

are they doing 5000 grafts FUE ?
sinds i only see that they can do 4000 grafts FUE in 2 days ?
or would this be a 3 day procedure ?

looks like some have had done 5000 there, but u can always send them a mail and ask. i doubht that they wont do 1000 more and spread the 5000 over 2-3 days..
But i have not asked them about that many grafts.
I my self dont think i would need more then about 2000+ grafts to get my original hairline back. So therefor i have never asked about 5000..