StrikeFire83's Story (HI-RES Pics)...

StrikeFire83

Reaction score
Re: re:

Johnny24601 said:
I don't think Baldie was trying to attack you, he was just trying to rationalize propecia use.
In my opinion, minoxidil/nizoral/reviv are just not effective enough and from a cost/benefit point off view, I just don't see the point of using these products to fight male pattern baldness without including some sort of DHT blocker. For me there are only two options 1.) Take a DHT blocker (add minoxidil/nizoral/reviv if you want the best results) or 2.) Do nothing. Of course, you can give minoxidil/reviv a shot but I would not expect much in my opinion.
It is simply a personal decision. You have to ask yourself how important it is to have hair. finasteride is taken by millions of men and there are side effects and sadly my hair is important enough to risk those side effects. How important is your hair to you?

This is a very good post. I am going to set up a dermatologist's appointment while I'm still on my Mom's insurance, and talk things over with him/her.

Does anybody have information on this "spironolactone" stuff that's been mentioned?

I did a forum search and couldn't find any hard info on it, such as cost, effectiveness, and whatnot. Any help would pe greatly appreciated.

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
you should post in the main forum.... some threads are there talking about topical dht blockers

bluesmiley

Established Member
Reaction score
Ignore spironolactone, instead go for a much more powerful anti-androgen - Eucapil. It will cost you about the same thing Propecia would cost you, and I'd bet you'll see a marked decrease in shedding within 6 months if what I've read about it is accurate.

I just started it myself, and if you're concerned about getting on propecia at such an early age, you might consider a topical regimen of Folligen (for CU Peptides) and Eucapil. If you're feeling wealthy, throw in Revivogen while you're at it, because I have had some success in slowing down (but not eliminating) hair loss with a Revivogen only regimen.